Archon 29 contest - One week to Deadline + Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:58 pm

I wouldn't mind either - just saw this posting right before posting this response and doing the final encode for AWA, so if at all possible, is it still possible to enter? Unfortunately it would most likely be an Action or Drama vid...

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:07 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:Hey man i want to enter you contest i have links to the videos on the org but i can mail the files to you tommorow if that cool with you.

I can enter into trailer
Outlaws of the Caribbean
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=40900
Horror
The Amv before halloween
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=52347
and Comedy
Azumanga DIE -OH
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=76240

letme know if im ok to go ahead and send the files to you i will priority mail them to you tommorow if thats cool with you

Azumanga DIE-OH can be entered. The other two are from last year... and though, technically, they cam eout AFTER last year's archon, I've been doing a general rule of thumb of if the video is not from 2005, then it can't be entered... I had some people entering stuff they did in, like, January of 04.. and while these aren't as old as those, they are nearly a year old.. Archon is the first weekend of October (Sept 29 - Oct 2), so you'd be fast approaching 1 year old on both of the others...

But like I said, I'll check out the Azumanga one and let ya know. :)
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:05 am

Can i submit a very bootyful christmas
for like dance maybe

its misses it by like a couple of days
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=57318
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Radman
Org Profile

Post by Radman » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:53 am

so has the horro category gone "fffffft", and is my AMV not good enough to fit into ation?

Whatever the case, good luck everyone!

[edit] Haha, don't I feel crunchy. Just read the 2nd thread....
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:11 pm

Radman wrote:so has the horro category gone "fffffft", and is my AMV not good enough to fit into ation?

Whatever the case, good luck everyone!

[edit] Haha, don't I feel crunchy. Just read the 2nd thread....
Horror is fine.

Final tracklist pending.

Wiating on mail-in entries and some other downloads from people who got to me at the last second yesterday.

Those numbers up top are now... inaccurate.

No worries, all categories are good to go.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:32 pm

Here's the official time and place!

The Archon AMV Contest will take place in the Gateway Convention Center in the room designated as Video 3. Doors will open at 11:30am, the contest will begin at noon. The contest will run approximately 2 hours. Participants and Judges get dibs on front row seating. The videos will be played back to back to back, with only a slight pause between each for the judges to score.

If you're going to be there and want to be a judge, contact me sometime before the con. We need a couple more.

Winners will be announced at 5pm at Video 2 in the hotel, at which time the winning videos will be played again inside Video 2, and Awards will be given out to winners who are attending. Non-attending winners will recieve their prizes via postal mail. After the ceremony, I will post winners here.

Good luck to all competitors.

WhereNext
Org Profile

Post by WhereNext » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:52 pm

as this is the first con i have ever entered a vid into i was really hoping on being able to attend, but looks like i won't be able to now due to financial circumstances that have recently came my way. So i will be counting on someone letting me know what the crowd reaction is like(was really looking forward to this too ; ;).

Return to “AMV Contests”