Dance/Upbeat Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
FallenMarvel
For Dreams I Stand
Org Profile

Post by FallenMarvel » Fri May 13, 2005 4:15 pm

i must recommend this video by member "chambeyc". This video was really well done and I'm happy to submit it.

L.Valentine
Org Profile

Post by L.Valentine » Thu May 19, 2005 9:10 am

I found this one in the 10% video:

Why: Just see it, it's very worth your downloading time :P

It's a famous AMV Project, I'm surprised nobody has linked it yet.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Thu May 19, 2005 9:37 am

This video is incredibly addictive. Having watched it many times since first seeing it I can testify to its addictive qualities.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:30 am

This could be a category on it's own even if you don't like the music (its Eurobeat which is a trippy 80s dancemusic style), this video will get you to like it. And since most of you may know the name JCD already you know what to expect of his editign skills and belive me you won't be disappointed :D.

Queen_Kay
Org Profile

Post by Queen_Kay » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:40 am

I would recommend it because it's a combination of extreme cuteness and hyperness but played out in an upbeat dance song. This video displays the relationship between Kagura and Kyo so of course that makes the video more interesting!

Squancho
Org Profile

Otakon 2005 Upbeat / Dance winner:

Post by Squancho » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:02 pm

...and for good reason!

Masterful editing and lip syncing, short and sweet, and irritatingly catchy song. You really have to see this to appreciate what kind of effort goes into making these things. It was the first AMV I looked for here upon returning from Otakon.

It's work like this that inspires me to keep working and improving...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Astria
Org Profile

Post by Astria » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:18 pm

I downloaded 'Waka Laka' after reading it had won a category in a contest. The editing and synch are....psychedelic.

And, another award-winner:

I don't like this song, but I love the way it is used here, in profiling the lives and trials of each of the main 'Azumanga' characters. This might just get you singing along wholeheartedly to Chesney Hawkes - *shudder* - but with good reason.

When it comes to upbeat 'Fruits Basket' videos, this has to be seen.

The happy, fast-paced song fits very well with the tone of the series. One reviewer remarked it could have worked as the theme of the anime. Random nicety, but with some more serious bits in the few occasions where the pace lets up.

I'd add Oreofeary's 'Affirmation', too:

Almost perfect matching of lyric-and-clip, to an optimistic, feel-good song for a feel-good show.

trinigal
Org Profile

Post by trinigal » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:49 am

very original video using different anime from CardCaptor Sakura to Cowboy Bebop.

Kirara_Kitty
Org Profile

Post by Kirara_Kitty » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:59 pm

this is my favorite dance vid up to date. the effects are stunning. just gotta luv this one!^_^

Isenfolme
Org Profile

Post by Isenfolme » Fri May 12, 2006 5:50 pm

As the title suggests, this track is from the 2nd DDR project mix, profiling DDR music with any number of anime.

Kusoyaro uses a pretty wide mix of anime for this vid, edited together in a supremely addictive, bouncy style. This is one of the first vids that got me into AMVs, and has been a feature on my AMV playlist for a good two years. Top notch upbeat entertainment. No true fan should be without it.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”