Archon 29 contest - One week to Deadline + Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Garylisk
Org Profile

Archon 29 contest - One week to Deadline + Finalists

Post by Garylisk » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:41 pm

Well folks, we are down to the deadline here. There is 1 week remaining until the August 25th deadline, which I've decided to change to the 26th, since it's a Friday, and makes things easy.

If you want to enter, but have not entered yet, please let me know you are at least planning on entering at some point before the deadline so I can put you into the queue of people who I am waiting to get something from. All videos must be postmarked, uploaded to a place where I can download it from, or best yet, in my hot little hands, by the 26th, so please get in touch with me, and I'll work thing sout with you.

For those of you who have not entered, and might want to, here's some information that might sway you into wanting to enter...

1. You don't have to attend to compete, and there's no shame in that. I am just trying to get this off the ground this year so that next year can be bigger and better. All entries help!
2. There will be prizes for winners! I've just recently been in contact with ADV Films, and they are going to be providing me with some Gantz and Elfen Lied DVDs, so at the very least, I'll have some of those to give away! I plan to try and get some more stuff together as the con date approaches.
3. All entrants will get a recording of the event, probably on VHS, so you can watch the contest at home after the con.
4. If you're planning on coming to Archon for the contest, I am pretty sure you'll also be blown away by all the other aspects of the convention, as it IS very fun indeed, which many people who are thinking of going may already know from attending at some point before.

Anyway, get those entries in!

Here's a list of the entries that made the cut so far and will be in the contest. PLEASE fill in my categories that don't have many entrants!

**ACTION CATEGORY**
1. Bashar of the Ages - Taijutsu for Dummies
2. Corrin Wyndryder - Bleach Mitternacht
3. Gene Starwind 21122 - Pain of War
4. Bryal - My Oh My
5. Sky William - Diary of a Monster
6. Cypress Rekow - Happy?

**DRAMA/ROMANCE CATEGORY**
1. Bryal - Aerials
2. Niotex - Slipping Away
3. inthesto - With Clasped Hands
4. Sky William - Understanding Body Language
5. Tono Fyr - Have I Found a Way?
6. WhereNext - Metanoia

**TRAILER CATEGORY**
1. Corran - The Real Kyser Soze

**COMEDY CATEGORY**
1. Iceman_F1 - Model of an Anime Individual

**HORROR/TERROR CATEGORY**
1. Radman - Asphyxiation

**DANCE CATEGORY**
NO ENTRIES!

Please, can some people throw me some trailers, comedy, and horror vids they'd like to enter? If a category is less than 3 videos, I'll have to either put the vids into another category they fit into, or not even run that category in the contest, which would be horrible!

Also, as you can see, we have 6 each in Drama and Action. NO MORE DRAMA OR ACTION VIDEOS! Sorry. :P

Also, as you can see, the class system has been killed. Not enough entries have been recieved to do multiple competing classes, so it's now just a category based competition.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:42 pm

BTW, I just realized, I've left out some ewntries in that list.

Don't worry, I'll have the real final list when the deadline arrives, ok?

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:58 pm

Last minute updates to some categories of videos I knew I was missing right off the top of my head...

Action:
Otaku For Life - Chicks With Guns
risk one - Grain

Drama/Romance:
Otaku For Life - Shuji's Song

Comedy:
Otaku For Life - Mock Romance

OK yeah, as you can see, we don't need ANY MORE action or drama vids, but I do have one idea...

I could do a multi-genre category, where vids that defy single categorization could compete in a big bucket of chaos... but I dunno if it'd be fair.

Vids that could fit in that category are:
Taijutsu for Dummies (Action/Comedy)
My Oh My (Action/Comedy)
Metanoia (Action/Drama)
Grain (Action/Drama)
The Real Kyser Soze (Trailer/Drama/Horror)

So again, I am unsure what to do, really... but we'll see. I'll think of SOME WAY to have all videos compete somehow.. who knows, maybe I'll get flooded by entries over the next week.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:23 pm

I'm sorry i forgot to send you a hard copy... lots of personal reasons and i just got so wrapped up in planning my trip to Japan that i simply forgot :(

As I said before, throw TFD into comedy. It's been in comedy in every other con i've entered it in that actually made distinctions. That, and i know it can beet OFL's Mock Romance at least. :lol:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Tyler_yj
Org Profile

Re: Archon 29 contest - One week to Deadline + Finalists

Post by Tyler_yj » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:43 pm

Garylisk wrote:
Please, can some people throw me some trailers, comedy, and horror vids they'd like to enter? If a category is less than 3 videos, I'll have to either put the vids into another category they fit into, or not even run that category in the contest, which would be horrible!

Also, as you can see, we have 6 each in Drama and Action. NO MORE DRAMA OR ACTION VIDEOS! Sorry. :P

Also, as you can see, the class system has been killed. Not enough entries have been recieved to do multiple competing classes, so it's now just a category based competition.

That's why categories sucks :roll:
ImageImage

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:04 pm

Tyler_yj wrote:
Garylisk wrote:

There's contests that don't use categories at cons? I figured it only made sense to categorize...

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:49 pm

Tyler_yj wrote:
Garylisk wrote:

No, that's why action and dramas suck.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:46 pm

I'll send in Grand Stream if you want. So Corran isn't lonely. :roll:
Just need to re-upload the mpeg2 to my site. :lol:

Tell me when and I'll get it uploaded asap! :D
ImageImage

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:23 pm

Hitori wrote:I'll send in Grand Stream if you want. So Corran isn't lonely. :roll:
Just need to re-upload the mpeg2 to my site. :lol:

Tell me when and I'll get it uploaded asap! :D
ASAP

I should be able to download it tonight. I am at a friend's house at the moment. We're playing D&D. Doing a Spelljammer campaign. Fun. :)

ssjrock-lee
Org Profile

entering trailer into your contest

Post by ssjrock-lee » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:11 am

hi, you mentioned that you were looking for more trailers and i was wondering if i could enter mine. here are my details:

Member: ssjrock-lee
Title: The Narutard
Song: Matrix ReloadedTeaser Trailer Audio
Format: MPG
Link:http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=78950
Description: I have always wanted to make a trailer but I could never find footage that would match my chosen audio. after who knows how long I finally found one that would match. the matrix reloaded audio fit the anime named Naruto like a glove. Unlike 'The Matrix' how there is 'The One',in this there are two, Naruto and Sasuke. Together they are an unstopable force! this is an amv for the narutard within us all.

Return to “AMV Contests”