Youmacon, MI Nov 11-13 2k5

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Medieval
Org Profile

Post by Medieval » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:19 am

OtakuForLife wrote:I also accediently uploaded two broken files in my attempts
to upload. Delete them and only accept REALshuji.zip as my submission.
Gomen about all the problems.
You'll have to send that infor to teh email address listed in the revised rules, Their the one that can delete.

I just found the rules, I don't have anyhting to do with running it.

dschlag007
Org Profile

Post by dschlag007 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:24 am

heh...cool...appears my FTP is working ^_^

I'm at work right now but I will delete those entries if I remember. But I always check my gmail account when I get home from work so if you put it there, I will get to it ^_^

But don't forget to have your contact info and stuff as well as your vid :P

As far as the FTP goes. It is running on a comp at home...so unless power goes out, internet goes out or I need to reboot the comp, the FTP should be fine.

Looking forward to seeing some of the entires ^_^

Edit: What I might end up doing tonight is maybe giving the user the ability to make their own folder so they can group it together instead of all the files appearing in one folder. Or maybe having it seperate depending on the category. I'll talk to one of the other people running this and ask to see what they think. Keep the entries coming though. Want to have a nice ammount to make a good contest ^_^

If I finish my new AMV, I'll be sending it down for people to "preview" it before I send it to REAL contests (IE Anime North 2006, ACen 2006, etc)

BTW, What do people think of the rules? Seem fair? Need work? Confused about something?

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:42 am

I included the submission text with my video in the zip file.

dschlag007
Org Profile

Post by dschlag007 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:44 am

good...that's what I assumed, but never hurts to remind people again :P

It's amazing how when people see something, they don't read it all the way through and just skim it and miss important things.

EDIT: I forgot to say that I am normally idling in the AMV chan on IRC

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/irc/ (you need to login for this page)

My nick in IRC is Iceman_F1 so if there are any other problems with the FTP or you want something deleted or whatever, you can PM me in there and I will normally see that before I would my gmail account.

Vegan Meat Eater
Org Profile

Post by Vegan Meat Eater » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:11 am

Michigan, eh? We're going to have to submit our videos there. Its been too long since we've sent anything in to a convention as our videos never seem to show at the cons they are sent to. Well, wish us luck, we'll need it.

Damn, looks like we're going to need to rehost our videos again.
"Please don't stone us to death!"

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:05 am

Well, I'm quite glad someone got arround to posting the rules to the contest on these forums before I got arround to doing it ^^() Silly me didn't think about it until tonight, and I even forgot I had an account on these forums to boot ^^()

Thanks Medieval.
ImageImageImageImage

Medieval
Org Profile

Post by Medieval » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:09 pm

ngsilver wrote:Well, I'm quite glad someone got arround to posting the rules to the contest on these forums before I got arround to doing it ^^() Silly me didn't think about it until tonight, and I even forgot I had an account on these forums to boot ^^()

Thanks Medieval.
No Problem, just trying to spread the word some about a con (and its AMV contest) that is within 20 minutes of where I live.

:)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:26 pm

Remember, the deadline is under 3 months away. For those planning on submitting a video to Youmacon then the deadline is comming ^^

If you have any questions about the rules or your submission (other then FTP problems) then please direct them to me. You can PM me or post here or on the Youmacon forums at youmacon.com. I will be happy to clear anything up.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:29 am

You can find the official rules in this thread: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=55663

please post any questions you have reguarding the contest there. Thank you.
ImageImageImageImage

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:22 pm

I'll have to think about this con. Granted it's about an hour or so away from me, chances are that I can definately make it. I'll submit a video for this, been wanting to make one for a while now, and I finally have a reason :P
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

Return to “AMV Contests”