Edit Video Info Step 2 Method Changed

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Edit Video Info Step 2 Method Changed

Post by Phade » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:59 am

Hey All,

The method for choosing an artist for the song in step 2 of the video info process has been changed. Instead of waiting for and choosing from a 11,000 line dropdown list, there is now a search function for the artist. You can enter the search criteria and choose from "quick search", "starts with", and "sounds like".

The quick search option functions very much like the full site quick search. Starts with will obviously return artists that start with the criteria. Sounds like will compare how the criteria sounds to the artists listed in the system (ex. "Sarah Mcglaucklin" will actually return results).

This should all speed up that page. Let me know how the new setup works. I hope this helps.

Phade.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:05 pm

Sounds awesome. This should REALLY help me out when I get around to entering amv hell 3 in the catalog *cough*over200entries*cough*

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:25 pm

Maybe it's just me but this doesn't seem to be working. I enter the artist in the search field then I have the choice of clicking 'new artist' or 'next step'. Search doesn't seem to be an option. And I can't seem to pull up the 11,000 song list anymore so the only way I seem to be able to do this is click 'new artist', enter the artist name, wait for the system to tell me that artist exists and presents me with their song list. Which is actually taking longer than scrolling through 11,000 entries would have.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:09 pm

Hey Godix,

Hmmm. That is a good point. I guess I always tested it by hitting the "enter" key after typing in the search criteria. I will add a "submit" button so there is one to hit.

In the mean time, hit enter. I hope this helps.

Phade.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:51 pm

Phade wrote:Hey Godix,

Hmmm. That is a good point. I guess I always tested it by hitting the "enter" key after typing in the search criteria. I will add a "submit" button so there is one to hit.

In the mean time, hit enter. I hope this helps.

Phade.
I did. In my browse (firefox 1.0.6) it took enter as clicking on the 'next' button so it'd go the the anime choices.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:59 pm

Hey Godix,

That is really odd. I use the same browser and I got a different result. Whenever I hit the enter key, it submits to itself and looks stuff up.

The "search" submit button is there now. Let me know if that works for you.

Phade.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:04 pm

Works fine now. Thanks.

Return to “Site Announcements”