Interest Gauge, The Yoko Kanno Dedication.

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Interest Gauge, The Yoko Kanno Dedication.

Post by Yok/0 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:41 pm

U might know this anime music composer from such animes as Record of Lodoss War TV, Cowboy Bebop, GITS:SAC, and I could go on but thats not the point.

I was thinking if i can gather some songs yoko kanno has done I could make a multi-editor project for it. But the catch is, Say U had to do the Cowboy Bebop theme, the rule is u can't just the cowboy bebop anime for that. Try being original. But if it's really good let say, I might make a special exception.

Would ne one agree with this idea or is it something just impossible?

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:50 pm

The project idea definitely has potential. There might be small conflicts with someone choosing an anime for a track: they listen to an anime's theme song or a song from it, what's going to be the first anime that comes to their mind? :P
One thing you could do (and this is just a suggestion) is to limit the editor to JUST the anime the song is from. It could add a challenging edge to the project.

The biggest problem I'd see is if you decided to mix the songs or not. If you do, it'd be difficult if each of the songs had their own feeling or emotion to them. For example, playing a lighthearted song then going into a darker more serious song would be too quick of a transition. However you could do something where throughout the project your songs would transition from the happier songs to the more romantic to the darker serious ones, or however you wanted them to be ordered.

If you DON'T plan to mix the songs and wanted to use the whole songs, then it'd be a matter of being able to keep project video's length to a certain limit.
Image Image

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:06 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:The project idea definitely has potential. There might be small conflicts with someone choosing an anime for a track: they listen to an anime's theme song or a song from it, what's going to be the first anime that comes to their mind? :P
One thing you could do (and this is just a suggestion) is to limit the editor to JUST the anime the song is from. It could add a challenging edge to the project.

The biggest problem I'd see is if you decided to mix the songs or not. If you do, it'd be difficult if each of the songs had their own feeling or emotion to them. For example, playing a lighthearted song then going into a darker more serious song would be too quick of a transition. However you could do something where throughout the project your songs would transition from the happier songs to the more romantic to the darker serious ones, or however you wanted them to be ordered.

If you DON'T plan to mix the songs and wanted to use the whole songs, then it'd be a matter of being able to keep project video's length to a certain limit.
U made a strong point right there about the anime and the anime theme intro, so I decided to let them "remix" the anime from the theme intro.

So for now on U could use cowboy bebop, with the cowboy bebop theme, "Tank". or u can use the GITS:SAC theme with GITS:SAC. But if they manage to pull off the video with an anime, I would have to approve.

But I will send translations to the songs. I expect them to at least try to follow the lyrics in some poetic manner if not in a blunt manner.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Instead of making AMVs to Yoko Kanno BGM (which might come out rather dull), why not do a YK project based on her vocal tracks? (not her singing, of course). Stuff like the Lodoss TV OP, The Real Folk Blues, Voices from Macross Plus, etc.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:19 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:Instead of making AMVs to Yoko Kanno BGM (which might come out rather dull), why not do a YK project based on her vocal tracks? (not her singing, of course). Stuff like the Lodoss TV OP, The Real Folk Blues, Voices from Macross Plus, etc.
The vocal parts is what i had already in mind, but good call on that.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:07 pm

The Anime Intro Remix? :O

I remember LadyDX did something like that with Trigun's intro theme, using different/better scenes to make up the show's introduction.
Image Image

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:18 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:The Anime Intro Remix? :O

I remember LadyDX did something like that with Trigun's intro theme, using different/better scenes to make up the show's introduction.
The only difference is that I won't just use every intro in an anime that yoko kanno composed to make a project. It will be ur job to remix the video, but it's my job to remix the songs. But my main problem is just cutting them in the order that I want. Plus would ne one know where I can find translations to the songs.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:50 pm

Yokou Seishirou wrote:Plus would ne one know where I can find translations to the songs.
http://www.angelfire.com/geek/tetrisnomiko/anison.html

It doesn't have everything but you could easily find translations by looking for specific songs.
Image Image

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:47 pm

I am definitely at least interested in the project. Obviously it's going to depend on the music mix and such, but I am a HUGE Yoko Kanno fan, so this peaks my interest right away.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:11 pm

I noticed how Escaflowne the movie was also with yoko kanno, what was that one song she composed? was it yokima or something?

Also I decided that this video might be in a ogm format due to that it will have subtitles in that respect or i could make 2 diff. versions a raw and a subbed one, what ever the people prefer

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”