Interest Gauge, The Yoko Kanno Dedication.

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Interest Gauge, The Yoko Kanno Dedication.

Postby Yok/0 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:41 pm

U might know this anime music composer from such animes as Record of Lodoss War TV, Cowboy Bebop, GITS:SAC, and I could go on but thats not the point.

I was thinking if i can gather some songs yoko kanno has done I could make a multi-editor project for it. But the catch is, Say U had to do the Cowboy Bebop theme, the rule is u can't just the cowboy bebop anime for that. Try being original. But if it's really good let say, I might make a special exception.

Would ne one agree with this idea or is it something just impossible?
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby Pie Row Maniac » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:50 pm

The project idea definitely has potential. There might be small conflicts with someone choosing an anime for a track: they listen to an anime's theme song or a song from it, what's going to be the first anime that comes to their mind? :P
One thing you could do (and this is just a suggestion) is to limit the editor to JUST the anime the song is from. It could add a challenging edge to the project.

The biggest problem I'd see is if you decided to mix the songs or not. If you do, it'd be difficult if each of the songs had their own feeling or emotion to them. For example, playing a lighthearted song then going into a darker more serious song would be too quick of a transition. However you could do something where throughout the project your songs would transition from the happier songs to the more romantic to the darker serious ones, or however you wanted them to be ordered.

If you DON'T plan to mix the songs and wanted to use the whole songs, then it'd be a matter of being able to keep project video's length to a certain limit.
Have a beta? Want some positive criticism? Message me!
Pie Row Maniac

Postby Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:06 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:The project idea definitely has potential. There might be small conflicts with someone choosing an anime for a track: they listen to an anime's theme song or a song from it, what's going to be the first anime that comes to their mind? :P
One thing you could do (and this is just a suggestion) is to limit the editor to JUST the anime the song is from. It could add a challenging edge to the project.

The biggest problem I'd see is if you decided to mix the songs or not. If you do, it'd be difficult if each of the songs had their own feeling or emotion to them. For example, playing a lighthearted song then going into a darker more serious song would be too quick of a transition. However you could do something where throughout the project your songs would transition from the happier songs to the more romantic to the darker serious ones, or however you wanted them to be ordered.

If you DON'T plan to mix the songs and wanted to use the whole songs, then it'd be a matter of being able to keep project video's length to a certain limit.

U made a strong point right there about the anime and the anime theme intro, so I decided to let them "remix" the anime from the theme intro.

So for now on U could use cowboy bebop, with the cowboy bebop theme, "Tank". or u can use the GITS:SAC theme with GITS:SAC. But if they manage to pull off the video with an anime, I would have to approve.

But I will send translations to the songs. I expect them to at least try to follow the lyrics in some poetic manner if not in a blunt manner.
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby Kusoyaro » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Instead of making AMVs to Yoko Kanno BGM (which might come out rather dull), why not do a YK project based on her vocal tracks? (not her singing, of course). Stuff like the Lodoss TV OP, The Real Folk Blues, Voices from Macross Plus, etc.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!

Postby Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:19 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:Instead of making AMVs to Yoko Kanno BGM (which might come out rather dull), why not do a YK project based on her vocal tracks? (not her singing, of course). Stuff like the Lodoss TV OP, The Real Folk Blues, Voices from Macross Plus, etc.

The vocal parts is what i had already in mind, but good call on that.
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby Pie Row Maniac » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:07 pm

The Anime Intro Remix? :O

I remember LadyDX did something like that with Trigun's intro theme, using different/better scenes to make up the show's introduction.
Pie Row Maniac

Postby Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:18 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:The Anime Intro Remix? :O

I remember LadyDX did something like that with Trigun's intro theme, using different/better scenes to make up the show's introduction.

The only difference is that I won't just use every intro in an anime that yoko kanno composed to make a project. It will be ur job to remix the video, but it's my job to remix the songs. But my main problem is just cutting them in the order that I want. Plus would ne one know where I can find translations to the songs.
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby Pie Row Maniac » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:50 pm

Yokou Seishirou wrote:Plus would ne one know where I can find translations to the songs.

http://www.angelfire.com/geek/tetrisnomiko/anison.html

It doesn't have everything but you could easily find translations by looking for specific songs.
Pie Row Maniac

Postby Brad » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:47 pm

I am definitely at least interested in the project. Obviously it's going to depend on the music mix and such, but I am a HUGE Yoko Kanno fan, so this peaks my interest right away.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby Yok/0 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:11 pm

I noticed how Escaflowne the movie was also with yoko kanno, what was that one song she composed? was it yokima or something?

Also I decided that this video might be in a ogm format due to that it will have subtitles in that respect or i could make 2 diff. versions a raw and a subbed one, what ever the people prefer
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby ssj4lonewolf » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:08 am

i got a question, is this open to all yk songs or the most popular ones? I have all the music from cowboy bebop and that sound track has a lot of quality songs on it, including the live album.
Oh god, that black dude with the afro is always making those damn trash ass music hip hop amvs...he needs to do something with techno or rock....
.......as if I would do something like that.
おおかみなく
ssj4lonewolf

Postby Yok/0 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:36 am

This will probably be from her popular vocals in her music that is used on other anime.

Also I'm to announce that this project still looking pretty imposible for me so far but here is the order i got so far, I might not be able to mix it as well due to the jap content but here is the order I got so far. Forgive me not giving the correct name. This project might be a maximum of 11 min. or less but more than 4 min.

1. GITS:SAC theme
-
-
-
-
?. Record of Lodoss Opening theme

U can make calls if you want but u'll have to pm me if u want the wav.
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby SQ » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:28 pm

Pie Row Maniac wrote:
Yokou Seishirou wrote:Plus would ne one know where I can find translations to the songs.

It doesn't have everything but you could easily find translations by looking for specific songs.

http://animelyrics.com :o

Anyway, Yoko Kanno is my GOD. I'm in, regardless of what you guys do.
You should definately try to get some of the vocal tracks that didn't exactly appear in the anime, Like "Run, Wolf Warrior, Run," "Strangers," or "Would you bite the hand?" from the Wolf's Rain OST.

Or "Aoi Hitomi"(Blue eyes) from Escaflowne TV OST.

They made it to the OSTs, but didn't really appear in the anime, so it may be refreshing for anime fans. You can usually tell what anime they're from, but you never heard it IN the anime, so it's a whole new sort of feel. =)

But whatever you do, I'm in. I love Yoko Kanno.

Edit: I've got Wolf's Rain vol. 1 OST, and Esca movie OST if you need rips of some of these songs. I also have CD rips from not-so-legal sources that you could use for GITS:SAC.
-SQ™
Changes are good. Wait until you've seen mine.
Latest video - Family (Oct 3, 2013)
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby Yok/0 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:35 am

SQ wrote:
Pie Row Maniac wrote:

http://animelyrics.com :o

Anyway, Yoko Kanno is my GOD. I'm in, regardless of what you guys do.
You should definately try to get some of the vocal tracks that didn't exactly appear in the anime, Like "Run, Wolf Warrior, Run," "Strangers," or "Would you bite the hand?" from the Wolf's Rain OST.

Or "Aoi Hitomi"(Blue eyes) from Escaflowne TV OST.

They made it to the OSTs, but didn't really appear in the anime, so it may be refreshing for anime fans. You can usually tell what anime they're from, but you never heard it IN the anime, so it's a whole new sort of feel. =)

But whatever you do, I'm in. I love Yoko Kanno.

Edit: I've got Wolf's Rain vol. 1 OST, and Esca movie OST if you need rips of some of these songs. I also have CD rips from not-so-legal sources that you could use for GITS:SAC.

Thanx for the translation site, this is definately gonna help. I'll keep those in mind as well. Escaflowne the movie was also gonna be the few i was gonna add as well to the mix and not to mention wolf's rain.
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby SQ » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:25 am

Here's the list of CCS music by Yoko Kanno that you asked for over PM.
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ccsakura/

And here's all the anime she's done:
http://www.jameswong.com/ykproject/disc/music.php
-SQ™
Changes are good. Wait until you've seen mine.
Latest video - Family (Oct 3, 2013)
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Next

Return to Multi-Editor Projects