Dance/Upbeat Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.

Dance/Upbeat Videos

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:02 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that are fun and upbeat - perhaps about dancing or good times. Sometimes funny but not necessarily comedy.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby angelx03 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:40 am

Ok, let me give this a shot. :D

Believe it or not, these three anime series surprisingly mix well together in this rather simplistic yet very upbeat dance. The only effects bma used are white flashes and piano keys, but what makes this really amazing is how each straight cut that's been actually made fits the beat of the music almost perfectly.

This video is AMAZINGLY simplistic. All this creator used is straight cuts to match the beats and the tempo of the music. With that in mind, the flow of the video and the music are very well synced.

EDIT 3/28/05: YAY! Vicbond finally uploaded his Tokyo Mew Mew video which was part of DDR Project 4. Very fitting video and very fun. :D

EDIT 9/19/05: It's hot, it's flashy! It's JCD's new Kaleido Star video which puts to shame on almost every dance video that was ever made this year (until some Japanese MAD creator comes :roll: ).
Last edited by angelx03 on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby TaranT » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:40 am

Severely popular; has to be near the top of this list.

This is still my reference for creating visual flow from scene-to-scene and my recommendation for all budding AMV creators. Even non-creators will appreciate the kinetic feel of this video.

You're not likely to find a more solidly edited dance video than this one. And the always-incredible footage from "Shamanic Princess" only adds to the experience.

Best Dance Video at Anime Weekend Atlanta 7 (2001).

Last edited by TaranT on Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
TaranT

Postby m.t.i.d.s » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:44 am

I am definitely going to have to say Stop The Rock by Nappy.

Just love this video, especially the great use of super imposing and let's not forget Guts at the start.
m.t.i.d.s

Postby Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:40 am

Last edited by Knowname on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowname

Postby Shalist » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:35 pm

Basically lots of fast, colorful effects, with a fast, colorful, soundtrack. Pretty good vid, worth watching whether you're looking for something perky, or not.
Shalist

Postby Songbird21 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:24 pm

I am amazed this video isn't on here already. It is one of my faves and one of the rare vids I have given a 5. The FX are amazing, but not overused. It really makes you wanna dance. A fabulous techno beat behind lots of visually beautiful anime. Watch it. You won't be dissapointed.
Best editing Connecticon 2013: Bravery

Switchplate City- Custom lightswitch covers (Some anime related), etch glassware and more!
Songbird21

Postby chambeyc » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:25 am

Best Dance Video ever? I would say Do it Right - Shake it by AD ! But I'm pretty sure everyone here knows about this vid :p....
chambeyc

Postby Rozard » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Nostromo_vx's Abenobashi - Push The Tempo is a great upbeat/dance video. The song and the editing fit the craziness of the series perfectly. Thanks to Lone Wolf for showing me this one.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby psycoculex » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:26 am

You have to love those DDR amv projects. This was the first one i saw and probably my favourite. Its short but sweet. And i love how in the amv they made Gendo Ikari(evangelion) dance.
psycoculex

Postby kajin_phoenixlord » Fri May 13, 2005 4:15 pm

i must recommend this video by member "chambeyc". This video was really well done and I'm happy to submit it.
kajin_phoenixlord

Postby L.Valentine » Thu May 19, 2005 9:10 am

I found this one in the 10% video:

Why: Just see it, it's very worth your downloading time :P

It's a famous AMV Project, I'm surprised nobody has linked it yet.
L.Valentine

Postby Kalium » Thu May 19, 2005 9:37 am

This video is incredibly addictive. Having watched it many times since first seeing it I can testify to its addictive qualities.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby Warheart » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:30 am

This could be a category on it's own even if you don't like the music (its Eurobeat which is a trippy 80s dancemusic style), this video will get you to like it. And since most of you may know the name JCD already you know what to expect of his editign skills and belive me you won't be disappointed :D.
Warheart

Postby Queen_Kay » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:40 am

I would recommend it because it's a combination of extreme cuteness and hyperness but played out in an upbeat dance song. This video displays the relationship between Kagura and Kyo so of course that makes the video more interesting!
Queen_Kay

Next

Return to Recommended AMVs