*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:28 am

Count me in :)

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:56 am

I would love to join in, if this thing takes off...
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:12 am

Ever thought about the dimensions of this project? To have visual and audio quality which fits this masterpiece of classical music, you will have at least 20 MByte/min, which means 1.5 GByte for the whole project. Who should download this? Even with a broadband connection with 1 MBit/s you'll end up around 4 hours, with a 56K dial up at 80 hours. These times of course only if full speed download is possible all the time.

Nonetheless, if it really should start, count me in. There is one limitation you should know - I can only provide clips from Noir. :roll: But I think it's dramatic enough. 8-)

WhereNext
Org Profile

Post by WhereNext » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:58 am

you should be able to get good quality at less than 20MB a min, 20MB a min is a little large in fact. But it would still be a big download considering the music in 128kbps mp3 would be almost 100MB by itself. you would still be talking about a 1 gig file, but if you really want to see something you won't mind waiting, like when i downloaded the entire Sony press conference at E3, was about a 1.1 gig file.

Anyway, it sounds very interesting, i'd consider doing it depending on which music part i could get.

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:01 am

Keeper of Hellfire wrote: which means 1.5 GByte for the whole project.
This is why you "encode" the video with xvid to make that 1.5G into maybe 200+ Mg just guessing here, since it is 20minutes, I really cant see it get over 1G.

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:14 am

CerebralAssamite wrote:
Keeper of Hellfire wrote: which means 1.5 GByte for the whole project.
This is why you "encode" the video with xvid to make that 1.5G into maybe 200+ Mg just guessing here, since it is 20minutes, I really cant see it get over 1G.
SephirothJenova wrote:This symphony is extremely long at 75 minutes,
That's 3.5 times as long as you say, would even make 700 MB with your calculation. And I was speaking about high quality, which means 320KBit/s audio encode and at least 2Mbit/sec video encode at 640x480. Then you'll get something around 1.5 G

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:46 am

We could torrent a high-quality version.

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:57 am

Wow, I didn't think this many people were going to be into this project. Well distribution is the last thing that we want to worry about. I'm still trying to plan this project out and see how it will work. I'm considering having a second director to help me manage things as I'm going to get extremely busy once classes start. I'm going to try to get the full project handed out before then though.

I'm still working out the details on the tracks and how this will be played out.

Patience, everyone!

NiTsukiOutlaw
Org Profile

Well...

Post by NiTsukiOutlaw » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:05 pm

How about releasing it together, but in sections?

It might be hard to organize, but maybe the .org would be partial to making a "group project" section....like where extremely long pieces (75) min. could be downloaded in say three, four parts? Just a suggestion, and unfortunately I wouldn't be able to contribute any scenes or pieces, (maybe I could see betavrs. and offer advice?) I love classical music, but I believe the reason that most people hear an orchestra and think 'Evangelion' is because Evangelion used mostly classical music...except the remixes of "Fly Me To The Moon" on Refrain of Eva, which by the way are wicked sweet. But, more on subject, I'd like to see this project turn out, so if anybody needs someone anything (except money, or clips) cool, I'm in.
Smart Men Answer Questions
Wise Men Question Answers.

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:32 pm

mmm 75minutes, well I dont have a problem I have high speed internet access, so I'd expect that the song in its entirety in mp3 should be available for d/l some time in the near future so we can choose which parts we want to use. Unless this is still gauging interest.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”