Animethon 12 Contest Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:23 am

Comedy/parody looks like it's going to be very competitive.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:50 am

We had a total of 64 entires and yes competition was very tough...

The judges had a hard time this year and there were so many good videos from Both North America, Europe and all over indeed. In fact some in each of the categories were so close and only a point or two apart.. Even a few tie breakers had to be made.

I really wish we could show more in the finals, but as with any event at a convention, we are limited on time in the main events room and having the audiance sit for more than 2 hours gets to be too much...

But everything will be shown on Sunday in a 4.5 hour block so an audiance will get to see every entry, as was last year, I expect that room to be packed to full capacity...

Vlad

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Post by RutKiskasca » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:31 am

WOW! There are a lot of great editors in the finals. I am honored that you included me among so many skillful people.

When I saw how many really talented people did not make the cut, I knew that this was a tough competition. If your video didn't make it, don't be discouraged. If you loved making your video, that is the most important thing. If even one other person loves it, it doesn't matter if the whole world hates it. Your video is a success. Winning a contest or getting great ops is nothing compared to the reward of the joy of the work and the appreciation of just one person who "gets it."

Keep up the great work, everyone, and best of luck to all my fellow editors in the finals.

Oh, and many thanks to Vlad for a really professional looking job. I am sure that the event will be wonderful. If I could be there, we could sit around and sip adult beverages and trade arthritis medication.
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net
http://www.kiskasca.net/

"We are MMORPG...you will be assimilated...resistance is futile"

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:54 am

Wow, I'm surprised my videos made it - I really didn't think they were 'contest' material ^^; [/con-newb]

Either way, congrats to everyone :D

(Wish I could be there ^^)

ProphetDK
Org Profile

Post by ProphetDK » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:34 am

I got in...! :shock: :lol:

Woot and Congrats to all that made it, and thanks for the competition!

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:49 am

Got one in :) Didn't make it in comedy :(

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:50 am

RutKiskasca wrote:WOW! There are a lot of great editors in the finals. I am honored that you included me among so many skillful people.

When I saw how many really talented people did not make the cut, I knew that this was a tough competition. If your video didn't make it, don't be discouraged. If you loved making your video, that is the most important thing. If even one other person loves it, it doesn't matter if the whole world hates it. Your video is a success. Winning a contest or getting great ops is nothing compared to the reward of the joy of the work and the appreciation of just one person who "gets it."

Keep up the great work, everyone, and best of luck to all my fellow editors in the finals.

Oh, and many thanks to Vlad for a really professional looking job. I am sure that the event will be wonderful. If I could be there, we could sit around and sip adult beverages and trade arthritis medication.
Yes, I quite agree with you and that is the way I look at contests when I enter...

And thanks for the compliment, as an editor myself I try to run the best contest I can. This year for the actual contest, I got two computers (one backup as the contest is played via a netstream), a DVD set and a good old fasion SVHS backup just in case everything else goes wrong. Rest assured, every video will play in it's entirty (crosses fingers) :wink:

Matt Pyson (Otakon's past contest coord) put it the best way... running an event at a con is like going to the moon, if you forget something it's too late to go back and get it

Vlad

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:49 pm

w00t! I made it :)

Best of luck to all the contestants! The competition looks pretty tough! :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:58 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Matt Pyson (Otakon's past contest coord) put it the best way... running an event at a con is like going to the moon, if you forget something it's too late to go back and get it
Wow, now that is a quote I have to take into heart...

I'm running a convention competition too, and I'm hoping my current schedules in life will not make me have to do this half-assed... oh, and yeah, congrats to all... may the force be with you.

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:28 am

Wow my video made it into the finals *is representing Epical Studios*, looks like some wicked competition!

Good luck to everyone else who made it in ^^

Return to “AMV Contests”