Character Profiles

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Millenear
Org Profile

Character vids

Post by Millenear » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:22 am

This is the best Kikyou video I've seen. There are a couple times when the video itself is choppy, but when first saw it, I was riveted. It was done from a different angle and uh, hell just watch it.

GuruTrue
Org Profile

Aluminum Studios

Post by GuruTrue » Sat May 14, 2005 10:42 pm

The videos represent the best character profiles ever done of Sailor Mercury, Mars, and Venus. It's a shame Aluminum didn't do the rest of the Sailors because these represent some of his best work.
Guru

Earl6282
Org Profile

Post by Earl6282 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:14 pm

[Lain]
No One Sees Her Cry by aielI_Ileia is actually quite good, even though it doesn't appear to be very well-known. Why? Well, for one, the digital effects are pretty nice. By that, I mean the effects are nice, and not crazy, excessive and redundant. As for the actual AMV, most of the interest is in the song itself. The video is mostly just... footage of Lain staring. But when it's Lain, it's not like you CAN'T use footage of her staring blankly to emphasize her character. Sorry I can't go much more in depth. This is usually the way it is when I look at art, and AMVs... I love it, but I can't even understand why I like it.
[signature]

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:43 am

It's a bit long, and fairly violent, but it serves as an excellent profile on the Kenshin. This was one of the first videos that I ever saw that was able to convey such a strong sense of story and epic quality. To date, while I've seen many excellent Kenshin videos, I have yet to see one with the same impact.

One of Bakadeshi's best in my opinion. This takes some side characters and works with a serious lack of footage to create what is not only a fun, well edited video but one that is easily coherent and enjoyable. This is one video that never fails to lift my spirits a bit.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Yamakuru
Org Profile

Post by Yamakuru » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:32 pm

Description:This video show basically the trials and tribulations of Kouji Minamoto's personality. It also shows what the rest of the group thought about him. Trust me this video is one of the best and only tributes to Kouji. Odd thing though Kouji and Sasuke from 'Naruto' almost have the same personality.Anyway if you see this video you'll see that it has more than I can explain. Trust me on this one.
Check it out!!! :wink:
Ayumi Hamasaki and Utada Hikaru They Rule!!!
-Yamakuru

Wolven_Angel
Org Profile

Post by Wolven_Angel » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:01 pm

This video portrays how Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh! feels about himself during one specific part of the series. It uses a perfect song for the theme of the video and the action synch is wonderful. I highly recommend it to any fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! or Evanescence. (The song used is Evanescence's 'Farther Away'.)

Samurai Drifter
Org Profile

Post by Samurai Drifter » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:28 am

This is the best character profile of Spike that I've seen. There are spoilers in the description, so highlight to read:
Spoiler :
It's Spike's life flashing before his eyes as he dies.
Very well done and artistic.
"You are not wrong who deem
that my days have been a dream..."

Rhenao
Org Profile

Post by Rhenao » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:14 am

This is not only my favorite Character Profile AMV, but also my favorite AMV I've seen so far. It tells the sad story of Darcia III as his sanity is torn from him by the loss of his loved one. No one who enjoyed Wolf's Rain should miss out on this one.

trinigal
Org Profile

Post by trinigal » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:20 pm

Reminds me of how much i used to love Digimon Frontier :roll:

Lodrelhai
Org Profile

Post by Lodrelhai » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:02 pm

Everything there is to know about the character Schuldig is in this video - the lyric match to the character is perfect, and scene selection excellent. Video and audio quality are great, and the editting/timing/effects are at a level I can only hope to acheive some day. As an AMV it's a huge amount of fun to watch. Easily my favorite AMV.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”