Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:00 am

Ok here is the skinny.

1st place: RutKiskasca w/ Thx1138 - Blind my Eyes by 3rd Strike

2nd place: Steakslim w/ Gladiator - Musikvergnuegen - Troy Teaser Trailer

3rd place: Kusoyaro w/ Napoleon Dynamie - lose yourself by eminem

The other entries were WngCommander with Collateral w/ oblivion by 30 seconds to mars.

And Two Submissions by KaiStromler

Two More from Kusoyaro with EternalSunshine on the Spotless mind and Lost in translation.

For the most part all of the vids tested well with the judges. Infact, Steak and Hsien were tied for second place for the longest. And the most common reply on them was GODDAMN I WISH IT WAS LONGER!! :) so you all did a wonderful job that entered. This was a pretty interesting contest, even though i said i wouldnt view any betas, close to and after the due date i was sent a few betas of ideas that never got finished and id have to say it would have been nice to see those entered. but thank you everyone for your participation in the contest and those who couldnt i hope to see some submissions in the next one. And after this next contest we are going to get the ball rolling on a MEP called CutZ , similar to amvhell . A TOTAL RANDOMFEST OF LIVE ACTION MANIPULATION!!!. with smaller segments to manage i dont see how people can refuse :P But first things first got some shit to send out .

Rut i will be needing your address of course or p.o. box where it can be shipped .

Hsien as 3rd place you are entitled to your choice of a 10pk of cdr or dvdr media. As well as second place.

Id like to thank Rut for keeping the thread alive in my absence :) and AD for allowin the thread to remain, and hopefully will allow the next one? o.O. To everyone who was inspired to try something different.

-K808
Last edited by Khameleon808 on Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Post by RutKiskasca » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:02 pm

Khameleon808 wrote:Ok here is the skinny.
*snip*
And the most common reply on them was GODDAMN I WISH IT WAS LONGER!! :) so you all did a wonderful job that entered.
-K808
every time I enter, all I hear is "GODDAMN I WISH IT WAS LONGER!!

Thats why, in my old age, I hardly ever enter anymore.

Seriously, though. I will PM you the addy. Also, I did see Kai Stromlers videos, and I thought those kicked ass, too. I would love to see Steaks and Kusoyaro's, if possible.

Can't wait to hear about the next one, Kham. Keep getting older every year, so we can keep having birthday contests!
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net
http://www.kiskasca.net/

"We are MMORPG...you will be assimilated...resistance is futile"

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:38 pm

I guess I can try out for the live action MEP. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:49 pm

congrats you guys :O!

Pwolf

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:02 pm

Damn, only that many people entered?

Anyway, if anyone wants to see the videos I entered, they're all at my website (www.kusoyaro.com).
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:28 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:Damn, only that many people entered?

yeah unfortunately :( hopefully though this next one does better, if not surely CutZ should pique some interest.

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Where's the beef?

Post by RutKiskasca » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:56 am

Khameleon808 wrote:The first place winner will recieve a Philips DVP642 DivX-Certified Progressive-Scan DVD Player , The perfect companion to the avid amv'r whether you watch them or edit them. its great for standalone playback without the hassle of having to do a bunch of encoding and authoring , i have 2 myself. Runner ups wll recieve media such as DVDR/RW and CDR/rw depending on your system. specs on the player can be found here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... =tech-data
I tried to send Khameleon808 a PM regarding this situation, and it wasn't replied to. The reason I am posting this in the forum is to try to follow a progressive chain of reporting to him and to the members of this community regarding the outcome of this contest. This post is not intended to accuse Khameleon808 of falsely offering a prize.

It has been several months, and I have seen no sign of the promised prize for this contest. I was informed by Khameleon808 on irc, by PM, and in the forum that I was the first place winner of this contest. He asked me for my mailing address so he could send it. After that, I have heard nothing back from him.

I ran a contest recently, and all three of my winners have already received their prizes via express mail from Germany, so I know that they shipping and handling time has long since passed for a similar shipment from Khameleon808 to here.

I had promised to donate this prize to the local library for their new anime club, since they do not have anything to play DVDs on yet, and they are short on funds. They were very excited to receive it. I will be deploying to Iraq in a few days, and I won't be here to deliver it to them. My wife will still be here at the address I gave Khameleon808, and she can pick it up and deliver it to the library.

I would really appreciate either to receive notification of a tracking number for the shipment, if it has already been sent or will soon be sent, or notificaiton that the offer of the prize can no longer be fulfilled, so I can tell the library that I can't fulfill my promise to them before I leave. If the player isn't going to be sent, I might just go out and buy them one myself, so I don't break my promise.

I understand the difficulties and unforseen circumstances that can arise. I just want to know what the bottom line is on this contest, so I can close the book on it.
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net
http://www.kiskasca.net/

"We are MMORPG...you will be assimilated...resistance is futile"

Return to “AMV Contests”