A Possible Multi-Editor Project? [Changed to The Nutcracker]

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

A Possible Multi-Editor Project? [Changed to The Nutcracker]

Postby SephirothJenova » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:35 pm

<b>This project has switched audio sources to the Nutcracker!</b>

I decided to pop in my classical music CD today and this idea popped into my head. I think someone should take charge of a multi-editor project for Beethoven's 9th Symphony. This symphony is extremely long at 75 minutes, but it's the epitome of classical music IMO.

I just wanted to see how many people would like this idea, but I don't think I want to be the director of it, so if someone likes the idea and wants to take charge, by all means go ahead.

Of course if it goes through, then I want to call dibs on the Ode To Joy peice. Since it's classical music, most of the AMV would be long clips instead of technical design. Ode To Joy would probably be the most technical length of the peice.

The only disadvantage to this is whenever I heard Beethoven's 9th it always reminds me of Evangelion, so the hard part would be finding anime (dramatic anime) to fit the clips.

SephirothJenova
Last edited by SephirothJenova on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=4456">Profile</a> <a href="http://www.rockmanvortex.com/sephiroth" target="newwindow2">Existentialism Studios</a> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=53160"><b>Elysium</b></a>
SephirothJenova

Postby Pie Row Maniac » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:42 am

Sounds interesting. I see this going over the heads of most people though, if it does end up leaning towards longer clips like you said. Still expect possible interest from me if this goes up, and when I'm done with other projects of course. ;)
Have a beta? Want some positive criticism? Message me!
Pie Row Maniac

Postby CerebralAssamite » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:05 am

As a fellow pianist it would be an honor to work with one of Beethoven's master pieces, I would love to join this if it takes off.
CerebralAssamite

Postby endersothergame » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:38 am

hmm, interesting, I too shall add my name to the list. If that is it takes off.
Those who think they can;
and those who think they can't,
Are usually right.
endersothergame

Postby DeinReich » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:24 pm

I'll join in as well (insert if-it-takes-off responce here). 75 minutes, this would be one of the longest projects I've ever seen. Suggestion, though, I'd change the name of your thread so that people see what this project is.
DeinReich

Postby Wedding_Angel » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:39 pm

i'm going to say yes too- if it takes off, and also if you keep people posted- i saw this topic before but was too scared to join if no one else did- me being a first time multi editor n' all...

but yeh, i'd defintley be interested..
i like classical music- not a pianist but i play the flute...well, i did, till my flute teacher ran away- but thats a story for a rainy day
Wedding_Angel

Postby Vega Sailor » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:24 pm

What a wonderful idea!
Vega Sailor

Postby SephirothJenova » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:20 am

Well, I'm going to splice the symphony up into different seconds, and see what comes to my mind when I think of the entire peice. I guess then we could set the ME Project rules down and start handing out clips to people. How's that sounds?
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=4456">Profile</a> <a href="http://www.rockmanvortex.com/sephiroth" target="newwindow2">Existentialism Studios</a> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=53160"><b>Elysium</b></a>
SephirothJenova

Postby Kimarhi77 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:10 pm

What Animes have you thought of using so far?
Kimarhi77

Postby inthesto » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:21 pm

In the words of a failed McDonald's marketing campaign, "I'd hit it."
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby *inverse* » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:28 am

Count me in :)
*inverse*

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:56 am

I would love to join in, if this thing takes off...
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Keeper of Hellfire » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:12 am

Ever thought about the dimensions of this project? To have visual and audio quality which fits this masterpiece of classical music, you will have at least 20 MByte/min, which means 1.5 GByte for the whole project. Who should download this? Even with a broadband connection with 1 MBit/s you'll end up around 4 hours, with a 56K dial up at 80 hours. These times of course only if full speed download is possible all the time.

Nonetheless, if it really should start, count me in. There is one limitation you should know - I can only provide clips from Noir. :roll: But I think it's dramatic enough. 8-)
Keeper of Hellfire

Postby WhereNext » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:58 am

you should be able to get good quality at less than 20MB a min, 20MB a min is a little large in fact. But it would still be a big download considering the music in 128kbps mp3 would be almost 100MB by itself. you would still be talking about a 1 gig file, but if you really want to see something you won't mind waiting, like when i downloaded the entire Sony press conference at E3, was about a 1.1 gig file.

Anyway, it sounds very interesting, i'd consider doing it depending on which music part i could get.
WhereNext

Postby CerebralAssamite » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:01 am

Keeper of Hellfire wrote: which means 1.5 GByte for the whole project.

This is why you "encode" the video with xvid to make that 1.5G into maybe 200+ Mg just guessing here, since it is 20minutes, I really cant see it get over 1G.
CerebralAssamite

Next

Return to Multi-Editor Projects