"LIVE IN '05" contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Weird Feeling

Post by RutKiskasca » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:28 pm

You know, this whole live action contest thing is weird. I mean, Kusoyaro, Garylisk, and a bunch of other really kick ass editors are in it. I haven't seen their live action stuff. I am REALLY curious about how this is going to turn out.

Kham...I would say that this is the most ground breaking idea to come along in a long time.

Thanks for dragging some of us away from the giagantic multi editor bandwagon for a while. The whole editing community is a winner if only for the fact that so much attention was taken away from damn DDR ten million and ROS umpteen thousand, and fsking Animix one billion. Screw multi editor projects. Fresh ideas are what's needed!
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net
http://www.kiskasca.net/

"We are MMORPG...you will be assimilated...resistance is futile"

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:57 pm

DEADLINES TOMORROW.

Get crankin while you can.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:08 pm

ONE DAY LEFT!!! as for the posting of the entries. i will post the winner. Due to the lack of people actually entering im not gonna go through the hassle of hosting the other vidsm so only 1st and 2nd place will be announced. Although i am happy with the entries i have recieved, I am however a bit sad that the people who said they were gonna enter never did. It would have been good to see entries from some of you guys. Oh well :P

Hsien, i could have sworn you told me to not submit the two you gave me cause you were gonna make a couple more. But if you want the two you sent to be in it. thats cool , its just , couple of judges have seen these vids prior to this contest and it migth not score well if they are all like OH IVE SEEN THIS ONE. But its all good :P

Rut, I appreciate the backup in all this shit man. unfortunately I just couldnt get this contest out there like i thought I would. Maybe me and you can organize this shit for a diff contest later one.

So we pretty much know who won with what we have recieved so far. but if anyone has anything up their sleeve NOW IS THE TIME .

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:15 pm

yea.... the video i've been working on kinda grinded to a halt a while ago... think i have about half of it done.

Pwolf

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:03 pm

Khameleon808 wrote:Hsien, i could have sworn you told me to not submit the two you gave me cause you were gonna make a couple more. But if you want the two you sent to be in it. thats cool , its just , couple of judges have seen these vids prior to this contest and it migth not score well if they are all like OH IVE SEEN THIS ONE. But its all good :P
Sorry...life, work, and such interfered. But the "blind" judging didn't come up until way after the contest had been announced, so I hope you take that into consideration.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Live Contest

Post by RutKiskasca » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:13 pm

Well, I think that the most important elements of this contest are, regardless of the number of entries, a very large amount of interest in an underexplored genre of editing was generated. Before you came up with this idea, I had never done a live action video, or seen one (other than actual pro commercial videos, of course.) Since you came up with the idea, I have edited more live action videos than AMVs, and gotten a lot better at both.

The other very important element is, I hope that these few live action videos you received made your birthday special. You kind of slipped away from the editing community for a while, but you obviously never left the hearts of your fellow editors. I was a little worried about you, since the last time I saw you, you were playing with big weapons while, errr....sorting some substances on the Kham-cam...but you are back and uninjured and un-incarcerated, so it's all good.

Finally, I would guess that your first live action contest still went better than some other people's first attempts at running a contest. I'm excited for the next Khameleon808 sponsored contest, and judging by the live action vid you just released, the standards are gonna continue to be high.

Good luck everyone!
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:59 am

Rut, Well said.

I was very happy with the submissions, new and old. I am really excited to have a better organized contest next time. Perhaps you would like to help run it with me o.O

Hsien,

Yes the blind judging was a bad idea and I wish I hadnt been approached by the question on how it was gonna be done about halfway through. and next time it will be public more than likely so everyone can view each persons vids and either be inspired or shotdown to making one :)

It might be later today when I talk to the last judge and see what they came up with.

Everyone that entered , THANK YOU !!! I really appreciate it , same goes to those who were inspired to work on theirs as well. I hope to see ya vids next time.

Seeyaz -K808-

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:05 am

even tho i didn't finish mine, i still want to finish it. the contest was a great challenge for me to try something new. live action videos are a different beast (to me at least). hopefully i'll finish my video sometime soon so you can at least see what would've won the contest ;)

Pwolf

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Aqua pwns you

Post by RutKiskasca » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:27 am

Pwolf wrote:even tho i didn't finish mine, i still want to finish it. the contest was a great challenge for me to try something new. live action videos are a different beast (to me at least). hopefully i'll finish my video sometime soon so you can at least see what would've won the contest ;)

Pwolf
BAH!! If Aqua would just set up a live webcam feed from Florida, it would pwn us all in terms of live action camgirl hawtness. I think that would have been just the thing for Kham for his birthday. Unfortunately, Aqua was busy editing the most emotionally scarring AMVHell footage I have ever seen, and could not bring herself to dress secksy.

Oh well, I guess I will have to ask Farlo for some footage from AWA.
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

Results by rumor mill...

Post by RutKiskasca » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:23 am

Well, Kham....I have heard some results from you and the other editors in the contest, but nothing official on here...so I have a request.

Could we see a list of who entered, how many videos were in the contest, etc? I read through all ten pages of the thread, and saw a buttload of "I am TOTALLY entering this contest" and even more "Oh NOES, deadline!!!!! Sorry Kham-dude, that I didn't get a video in to you in time. Do this again soon, but like not for a couple of years, because I have teh editors blockage!!!111one"

I am just curious how many people entered, and how many videos there were in the contest. That way, I can start soliciting the other editors for copies of their LAVs. I'm sick of watching mine...
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net

Return to “AMV Contests”