Yaoi, Slash, Shonen-ai and Alt Universe Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Yaoi, Slash, Shonen-ai and Alt Universe Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:36 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that depict male/male relationships that are canon (Yaoi, Shonen-ai) or non-canonical (Slash) or narrate a character situation that does not exist in the shows cannon (Alternate Universe).

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
Last edited by AbsoluteDestiny on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:20 pm

This is a yaoi (male/male) Gundam Wing video, featuring the fanon pairing of Heero and Duo, 1x2. It could have stood as a general action video dedicated to the two of them, but the creator has made a romantic story that takes a good part of the series out of context. It's a fun video to watch, with a light dose of angst that doesn't keep it from being an upbeat vid. This is the sort of video that works well to 'con' those unfamiliar with the anime.

This is a yaoi Saiyuki video, again, featuring widely known 'fanon' pairings, the majority being Sanzo and Goku, but with enough of Gojyo and Hakkai to keep me coming back. The song is what really makes this one of my favorite videos. It's a soft romance video that portrays these couples in an almost wistful way.

An absolutely hilarious video, especially if you haven't seen the Grappler Baki (like me). This video is smut, includes such things as implied bestiality, and graphic 'non-displays'. Keep in mind, this is *not* a yaoi anime, and none of these character actually have physical relationships. You'd never know it to watch this video. Definitely a must-see for those who like watching original videos. This video is just wrong, on so many levels. ^_^;;

Excellent capture quality, many of the 'expected' anime for yaoi videos, and a very original parody setting - off the old Myster Science Theater. It's mostly a funny parody video, but it also catches on some of the more popular fanon groups and anime. I'd put it on the 'must see' list, with an extra star for using more than one anime. Fans of Berserk might want to be wary of this one. ;p

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:43 pm

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:13 pm

Just thought I'd bring this one up (feel free to delete this if inappropriate)

Aaah brotherly love

anneke
Org Profile

More Video Recommendations...

Post by anneke » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:32 pm

Here is a list of creators of Yaoi/Shonen-ai videos, because you may have to contact the creator for some videos, due to content.

Kasra_WTF & Starherd of WTF_Productions
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=64424
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=47123

Recommened: Come With Me & YaoiBusters
Anime: Various
Yaoi-con AMV contest winner. Come with me, turns Fruit's Basket into Yaoi.

Kumagarou (T-chan) of Good Luck Studios
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=9258

Recommened: Pop Idol Antics
Anime: Gravitation
Winner at Yaoi-con AMV contest. She also has several other Gravitation and Shonen-ai videos.

Mie'aga of Baka Deshi Productions
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=191367

Recommened: Faces of Dr. Muraki
Anime: Yami No Matseui
Shown at Yaoi-con. She is an up and coming Yaoi AMV creator. But her first work is already a nice tribute to the smexy Dr. Muraki.

Tom Jordaan of Phlebas Anime
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ser_id=845
Recommend: Queer as Fake and Manhunters
Anime: Various
I adore his His and Her Circumstances Manhunter's AMV, the music is addictive and he changes a straight series into a wonderful Yaoi playground.

One last person/video to recommend: Sleepless Sperm! It can't even be found on a-m-v.org due to it being so old, but it's considered the 'first' Yaoi AMV. There may have been others, but this was the first one that got shown at a 'major' convention.
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:56 pm

It's hard to find a video that can combine so many anime and twist them all into one huge vortex of laughter, leaving you with a "WTF" expression on your face and a sense of bewilderment. "Suichi's Question" simply does that in colors. It takes a large array of anime, from Evangelion to Brother, Dear Brother, combines it with music from "The Nightmare Before Christmas", and creates a wonderful world of yaoi. It's fascinating to see so many people applaud at once, like I was fortunate to hear at Shoujocon when this video was played.

Unfortunately, yaoi/shounen-ai/slash footage is so hard to come across that many times, we find ourselves watching the same footage over to a different song. "Denial" brings to us a variety of animation and images, bringing a new look to Yu Yu Hakusho and it's pairing of Kurama and Hiei. Even for a person who has not seen the anime (like myself), the stunning aray of colors combined with the powerful lyrics entrace you into the world of this pairing.

On the darker, more emotional side of the yaoi/shonen-ai/slash world, we see the couples who simply never got it together. In "All That Could Have Been", haunting lyrics of a troubled man combine with dark footage from X and Tokyo Bablyon and tell the tale of 2 men who were never meant to be. Rather than creating the fast paced, blood filled videos X is notorious for, a series of slow, emotional scenes flow across the screen unlike any video I have seen before. The variations of emotions come across strongly and show the downfall of the couple.

Dream-chan
Org Profile

Post by Dream-chan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:42 am

AU

Vlad took City Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, and Macross Plus and built this amazing drama after more than 350 hours of exhausting editing. It's not your usual split frame crossover, either; each character was cut out of its original setting and pasted over a new background so that they actually interacted with each other. The song is very sappy, and it gets on my mom's nerves, but I like it.

Yaoi/Slash/Shonen-Ai
I really wish there was some way we could organize our local downloads list... searching through a list of 229 videos with no details sucks.
Ranting aside, I'd recommend
'Mina-sempai must really love Gundam Wing, considering the number of vids she's made for it. This one uses the song Come With Me by Puff Daddy in an epileptic's worst nightmare. There's lots of flashing white frames and split scenes, but that just adds to the frantic, hardcore feeling of the video itself. It's semi-long - about six minutes - but well worth the time to watch, in my opinion.
WARNING!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF EPILEPTIC!!! MAY CAUSE SEIZURES TO EPILEPTICS!!! If you don't know what an epileptic is, chances are you can ignore this warning.
I've done it! I've invented a way to repair the ozone! Now I just have to figure out what my name is so I can get credit for it!

ChibiOtaku101
Org Profile

Post by ChibiOtaku101 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:42 pm

This video is pretty good and funny. It features the song If I were Gay by Stephen Lynch. Its a hilarious video, featuring many of the scenes that Yami and Yugi had ~.^ I think that you'll enjoy it ~.^

trinigal
Org Profile

Post by trinigal » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:21 am

This video is between the two male leads, Inu Yasha and Miroku. At first i didnt even see it as being a yaoi video until i watched it a second time. I just think it was a really well made video :wink:

kitsunebeolnet
Wants Extra Stuff By Name
Org Profile

Post by kitsunebeolnet » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:39 pm

I can't believe no one has listed SarahtheBoring's Acceptance Speech

Return to “Recommended AMVs”