Cross-over Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.

Cross-over Videos

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:07 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that combine two or more different anime shows in a comparative way. Sometimes these videos depict characters from different shows being in the same universe.

Other videos that qualify for this are ones where the music from a known anime show is used in combination with the footage from a different show in order to create a comparative effect.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby Darkseid » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:20 am

Hmmmm..... I'm still liking Tainted Donuts from time to time. Very entertaing and well-put together.

Also, can't recall it and it's somewhat diferent concept, but I remember this one where someone had the opening of Nadesico playing and in a small corner on the right they had the Evangelion opening to compare the two. Very eerie.
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"
Darkseid

Postby pen-pen2002 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:24 pm

A three way love triangle between charicters from 3 difrent animes. seamlessly blending locations, charicters, and plots, this video is, in my mind, one of the greatest technical achivements of the AMV world.
pen-pen2002

Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime

Postby Roccket » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:10 am

I submit Dueling videos : Under ice by Scintilla.
That video has a really original concept : mixing both animes Evangelion and Fuli Culi with a bootleg song from Queen and Vanilla ice.
That seems quite oppositing but the video is perfectly structured, really creative, and visually impressive. All that is seen in this video just fits to the part of the music where it's placed. Some great job.
Roccket

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 pm

The best example I've ever seen of AU combos (besides Tainted Donuts) has to be this video.

Concept: a romance between Kamui (X) and Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess). It depicts Kamui as Bell's "savior" of sorts - her superman. There is some image editing and color control to make them seem like they're in the same world.

- dj_ultima_the_great
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby angelx03 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:15 pm

Want an unlikely romance video similar to Transcending Love? Get Kragdrims's All for My Love. Watch how Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist show his love towards Midori form Midori no Hibi! :D

It's best that you understand the primary concepts of both of these series so you understand the entire gags. :wink:
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Malhavoc » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:08 am

Dragon Bebop Z by Castor Troy is also hillarious..

It's worth DLing. Give it a try
The kunai is just a tool. It is the shinobi that dilivers death
Malhavoc

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:23 pm

Saw it at AX2005 and thought the concept of having a recent anime vs. a very old one was interesting. Check it out. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Battle of the Donut

Postby Houmi » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:52 am

My favorite video of all time...

Sailor Moon and Goku fight to the death over- what? a donut. O_o; Any crossover video is great for me! :D
Houmi

Postby FraChan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:13 am

Great cross over video featuring lot of anime characters competing in a crazy race where everything is allowed to win a mysterious Great Prize :shock:

A fight tournament between Naruto's and DragonBall Z characters, with a lot of funny scenes :lol:
If you ever asked who would win in a fight, Naruto or Dragon Ball, this video is perfect for you :P

Naota, main character of FLCL, has a dream where he's fighting Rock Lee from Naruto! A great cross-over video really well done.

Have you ever desired to see the most powerful characters of different animes (Vegeta, Kenshin, Alucard etc) getting their ass kicked by insignificant and small creatures? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
FraChan

Postby JudgeHolden » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:34 am

Ok this Haibane crossover NEEDS to be on this list! It's long, but worth watching over and over again!

That's my 26kb,
JH
ImageImageImageImage
JudgeHolden

Postby Jnzk » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:48 pm

AD's Arima Shinjikun is a modern classic and in my personal top 10. 8-)
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby JaddziaDax » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:15 pm

Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa Chronicle... its hard NOT to use them comparitavely, so I figured this place was better than Shoujo anime...

this is the best AMV I've found comparing the two series... :)
Last edited by JaddziaDax on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby odian0 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:13 pm

<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=58024">~~99 orchestrations (directors cut)~~</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=46127">~~Irrelevant (things go unnoticed)~~</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=81306">~~Dramatic Soup~~</a>
odian0

Postby Smokin' Joe » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:23 am

Cher from Wolf's Rain is synched in perfectly. The only thing wong is the blood is a little pixelated.
I am the Great Procrastinator!
Smokin' Joe

Next

Return to Recommended AMVs