Forum Auto-Lock

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:07 pm

Phade wrote:The threads will still there to view and read whenever you like. The threads aren't being deleted at all. The thing is if nobody cares about the thread within 3 months, why would they suddenly care to post after that? If they do care, why not create a new thread instead of necroposting the old one?
Because it's more convenient to have just a few long threads of screencaps, rather than lots of short ones?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:15 pm

Phade wrote:Hey x_rex30,

The threads will still there to view and read whenever you like. The threads aren't being deleted at all. The thing is if nobody cares about the thread within 3 months, why would they suddenly care to post after that? If they do care, why not create a new thread instead of necroposting the old one?

Phade.
Heh, yeah that's very reasonable. Sorry for the trouble. :oops: I was afraid of something like Anime Art Thread(a classic), or anime trivia(another classic) getting locked since there's been times when no one posted on them for a month. Can some threads get marked for non deletion? Just a suggestion. Either way, no biggie.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:44 pm

x_rex30 wrote:Heh, yeah that's very reasonable. Sorry for the trouble. :oops: I was afraid of something like Anime Art Thread(a classic), or anime trivia(another classic) getting locked since there's been times when no one posted on them for a month. Can some threads get marked for non deletion? Just a suggestion. Either way, no biggie.
Nothing is getting deleted, only locked.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

DeinReich
Org Profile

Post by DeinReich » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:09 pm

Goodie goodie. Seriously.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:38 pm

Good work.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:Heh, yeah that's very reasonable. Sorry for the trouble. :oops: I was afraid of something like Anime Art Thread(a classic), or anime trivia(another classic) getting locked since there's been times when no one posted on them for a month. Can some threads get marked for not getting locked? Just a suggestion. Either way, no biggie.
Nothing is getting deleted, only locked.
HAPPY!? :\ I meant to say locked right there, I did say I wouldn't like certain threads getting locked twice before then, then I said deleted once. I thought some people would get the picture since this thread is about thread lockage. : [

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:17 am

I like this in theory, but not in practice, especially in the AMV Announcement section. Videos that are listed on the first page - without any responses - shouldn't be locked. As long as they're on the first page there's still a chance someone will get the video and respond. I'd say raise the time limit for that section, or apply the locks according to the page the thread is on, rather than the date it was created.

If you want to keep it as it is, at least put a mods note in each of the 'locked without a response' threads on the first page, so the new members know they didn't break any rules by announcing their videos.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:11 am

Arigatomina wrote:I like this in theory, but not in practice, especially in the AMV Announcement section. Videos that are listed on the first page - without any responses - shouldn't be locked. As long as they're on the first page there's still a chance someone will get the video and respond. I'd say raise the time limit for that section, or apply the locks according to the page the thread is on, rather than the date it was created.

If you want to keep it as it is, at least put a mods note in each of the 'locked without a response' threads on the first page, so the new members know they didn't break any rules by announcing their videos.
it's 3 months after the last reply or 3 months after the creation of the thread? if it's 3 months after the last reply, then i don't think any video in the announcement forum will be on the front page for 3 months without another video bumping it down...

anyway, nice job, i was wondering when something like this was gona be implemented :P

Pwolf

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:56 am

It is 14 days in that section to prevent bumping of old threads. There are so many threads in there that we try to give each its own fair ammount of attention. Videos listed beyond the first page tend not to receive replies beyond bumps.
Arigatomina wrote:I like this in theory, but not in practice, especially in the AMV Announcement section. Videos that are listed on the first page - without any responses - shouldn't be locked.
Looking in that forum the auto-locking doesn't begin till page five.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:55 am

Hey,

It's 90 days since the last reply. Some topic may stay active for a long time, which is fine. It's just the old dead topics that nobody has bothered to reply to get locked to prevent necroposting. Most forums take several pages before auto-locks show up (with exceptions like Site Announcements, mainly because there is little activity here).

I hope this helps.

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”