AMV Challenge 3: Creative use of Subtitles

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Eibfreak
Org Profile

Post by Eibfreak » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:08 am

Ok guys and gals, submissions are due this week, and the winner will be up on saturday,

just a reminder to get yours in if its not done, remember concept is the improtant thing not production value

Good Luck

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:34 am

Self promotion for the hell of it... okay.. creative subtitles in TFD (link in sig).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Eibfreak
Org Profile

Post by Eibfreak » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:05 pm

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st place goes to

Dueling Vidoes (UnderIce)

EXCELLENT work, i loved the use of the subtitles to accentuate the words of the song, and the ingenious use of two songs superimposed on one annother.

This is the kind of video that raises AMV making to a whole new level, which is what im hoping to do with this contest

2nd Place,

Spoiler Warning

Great use of subs for the people talking in the background, it helps hold the viewer in the video since the actualy matterial in the video is repeditive and prone to tune out. I loved the subject matter of the video, and that you realized that it needed something else going along with it to make it worth a video, not something that everyone thinks of when putting together their video they thought up, they just think it can hold its own because its theirs. GREAT WORK

3rd Place,

Love Love Azumanga,

This video would have tied for 1st if the subs had been in english, the video editing is spectacular, the overlaying of the action shots, the compounding of everything, WOW. Amazing, but it would have been made much better if the subtitles has been the english translation of the song (st least for the purposes of this contest, not necesarily for the video in general)

Great Work everybody!!!!!!

All the submissions were GREAT, I am So pleased with the results that AMV challenge 4 is coming out tonight! Look for the new challenge and keep the submissions as crisp and exciting as this time!

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:57 pm

Eibfreak wrote:WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st place goes to

Dueling Vidoes (UnderIce)

EXCELLENT work, i loved the use of the subtitles to accentuate the words of the song, and the ingenious use of two songs superimposed on one annother.

This is the kind of video that raises AMV making to a whole new level, which is what im hoping to do with this contest

2nd Place,

Spoiler Warning

Great use of subs for the people talking in the background, it helps hold the viewer in the video since the actualy matterial in the video is repeditive and prone to tune out. I loved the subject matter of the video, and that you realized that it needed something else going along with it to make it worth a video, not something that everyone thinks of when putting together their video they thought up, they just think it can hold its own because its theirs. GREAT WORK

3rd Place,

Love Love Azumanga,

This video would have tied for 1st if the subs had been in english, the video editing is spectacular, the overlaying of the action shots, the compounding of everything, WOW. Amazing, but it would have been made much better if the subtitles has been the english translation of the song (st least for the purposes of this contest, not necesarily for the video in general)

Great Work everybody!!!!!!

All the submissions were GREAT, I am So pleased with the results that AMV challenge 4 is coming out tonight! Look for the new challenge and keep the submissions as crisp and exciting as this time!
Singing Love Tropicana in English Subtitles... :roll: :o Anyways, Congrats Everyone.

sasuke2468
Org Profile

Post by sasuke2468 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:05 am

notic the silence that comes from every1 else that didn't win.,.... hahaha ^-^ they where kewl vids i checked 'em out ^-^ they really did use the subs well

Eibfreak
Org Profile

Post by Eibfreak » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:16 am

I want to give an honerable mention to sunshine lolypops and RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,

I loved the video, however it has been out for a while and ive seen it too many times before in differnet things to give it the crown this time, thanks for being a good sport and sharing the spotlight.

AMV Challenge 4 is up and ready to go, hope its as good as this one was

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:41 pm

sasuke2468 wrote:notic the silence that comes from every1 else that didn't win.,.... hahaha ^-^ they where kewl vids i checked 'em out ^-^ they really did use the subs well
I think most of us just didn't remember to come back to this thread ;p I just found it in my email box today and decided to check it
:lol:

congrats to the winners.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:55 pm

You know, I wasn't serious about entering DV:UI in the first place... :shock:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ssjvackar
Org Profile

Post by ssjvackar » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:21 pm

I know this is a little late but if you wanna see creative use of subs, then check out:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=78843

Return to “AMV Contests”