Perfect Blue question.

eva pilot 14
Org Profile

Post by eva pilot 14 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:04 pm

I've seen the unedited version and it's has stuff that is censored in the rated R version. Like in the unedited version u see a more graphic rape scene and when Mima was posing for the photographer usee her pubic hair. That's illegal in japan so i guess that's why it's censored in the rated r version

and that's nothing, there are alot of other anime with both unedited and and rated r version like Kite. That rated r version was pretty graphic but nothing compared to the director's cut, u even see Kite get raped when she was like still about 14 or 15 and even in the directors cut there was still scenes that were too graphic to put in
Anime rulz

Mirai no Trunks
Org Profile

Re: Perfect Blue question.

Post by Mirai no Trunks » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:12 pm

Beefmaster10000 wrote:Okay, my question is, why in the abyss is there a Rated-R version ("edited") and an Uncut version? I just can't get ober that. That is like bloody pathetic. If they make the edited version rated R, which must mean it is pretty harsh, then what could possibly be taken out of the "edited" version? I know this is a dumb question, but it is bugging me. What is the difference between the two versions?

By the way, I love anime, ain't that sweet?

Perfect Blue was beyond freaky. But good, at least, I liked it.

Anyway, I thought the dub was pretty good.. it's better than most others.
As for the censorship, societies in America are beyond reasonable.

mr
Org Profile

Post by mr » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:09 pm

I watched perfect blue with my 8 yr old brother the first time...He had nightmares for 3 days. It was a freaky movie. :|

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:12 pm

Dude! Don't let little kids watch mature anime!!! I mean, if some of the later episodes of Evangelion confused my girlfriend, I somehow think a little kid won't be able to stand Perfect Blue. I could almost see Xeno get drawn to this topic. :P
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

mr
Org Profile

Post by mr » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:05 pm

It aint my fault. He walked in and I didn't even notice him.

Return to “General Anime”