Rendering to mpg or recompression

tchoff
Org Profile

Rendering to mpg or recompression

Post by tchoff » Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:22 am

Does anyone know how to render a movie that you create with adobe premiere to mpg. The option only seem to let me do avi. If know one knows that, does anyone know if there are recompressors from avi to mpg?

Cailet730
Org Profile

Post by Cailet730 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:05 am

It's explained in ErMaC's Guide

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:52 pm

tmepg, download it, it will do the job in seconds.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:25 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:tmepg, download it, it will do the job in seconds.
That would be TMPGEnc. There's no such thing as "tmpeg."
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:35 pm

-_- lousy lack of an edit button, I didn't even realize I typed that wrong (I never say the NC, got knows why).
BANG

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:52 pm

Well that and the fact that it won't do it in seconds most likely :p

Changing the settings would take a few seconds if you know what you're doing, rendering would take quite some time longer ;)

~klinky

escaflowne_moon
Org Profile

Post by escaflowne_moon » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:10 pm

Hey you ppl dont' have to direct me to special guide pages because I already looked and it was confusing me to where I should start. so you know maybe if you ppl can give me some pointers cause I just done a video in Premiere and I have not a clue to where how I can get it to play in other media programs like Windows media. I did read the help section in premiere but it's not really making sense to me so anybody know can give me some pointers for better understanding.

thx

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:23 pm

escaflowne_moon wrote:Hey you ppl dont' have to direct me to special guide pages because I already looked and it was confusing me to where I should start. so you know maybe if you ppl can give me some pointers cause I just done a video in Premiere and I have not a clue to where how I can get it to play in other media programs like Windows media. I did read the help section in premiere but it's not really making sense to me so anybody know can give me some pointers for better understanding.

thx

Read it carefully. I would also read ALL of ErMaC's guide as it goes into codecs and various other things that you need to understand to work with digital video properly.

Just for starters to export a video from Premiere goto File|Export Timeline|Movie. From there you can setup your export settings and export a AVI file. You'll need to pick a proper codec for exporting from Premiere as you don't want to lose quality. The codec that most people use is HuffYUV, which is installed with the AMVApp bundle downloadable from <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 3335">this thread</a>.

It's not really a simple job just giving "pointers" because most people will come back from this and ask "but it's so huge, I can send that filesize on the intarweb". :roll: Well you'd take the AVI file, and take it into TMPEG then follow ErMaC's guide.

Little answers usually get followed by little questions, which tells us the person is not listening and would rather have someone else do the work for them.

~klinky

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:56 pm

klinky wrote:Well that and the fact that it won't do it in seconds most likely :p

Changing the settings would take a few seconds if you know what you're doing, rendering would take quite some time longer ;)

~klinky
I gues it depends on the file size, I've only needed to use it twice and the files were relatively small, one was only 20 megs while the other was 6 so the whole job for each one was done in under a minute.
BANG

escaflowne_moon
Org Profile

Post by escaflowne_moon » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:55 am

hey Kilnky thanks for the help. :)

Return to “Video & Audio Help”