Should this section be revamped?

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Should this section be revamped?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 26

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:59 pm

SnhKnives wrote:
paizuri wrote:Okay, I think it's been enough time to gather the thoughts of all 15 people who read this section (or care to vote in the poll at any rate). :o

So it sounds like a revamp is in order. I was thinking of just renaming this section and then locking all the current threads but creating the new series-specific threads for all of the ones active and linking to whatever pertinent threads exist in here for reference.

Are there any objections or alternatives to this that you would like instead?
Perhaps there could be a sticky at the top of the thread that is mainly used for suggesting what topics should be here. Like if one person says "I want an evangelion ep 23 thread", and if enough people agree, you can then create one or something
There will be a sticky at the top listing the current open threads and have links to them so that users can just scan through or do a Find on the list to see if the show they want to talk about is in there.

I am thinking to keep it as simple as possible by just naming the series itself. If people want to talk about specific episodes within the threads, that's fine, but trying to impose that people talk about specific episodes here doesn't seem to be working out quite like I imagined it. I generally watch stuff on DVD so I know what episode I'm watching, but if people are watching something on Cartoon Network, they won't necessarily know what episode is playing, so I think it's best to just cut that step out.

Sure there is the risk that a new person posting in a thread will repeat what someone else said, but that happens in the bigger threads anyway.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:07 am

paizuri wrote:A thread called "Bible Black" would just be about discussing or commenting on that show. People could talk about specific episodes, or their favorite episodes, or just the series in general just as long as the posts were limited to that show or only reference other shows in context to the show that is the thread's namesake.
I'm not totally sure what kind of discussion Bible Black needs (I found the show quite self-explanatory, with all the loose ends pretty well wrapped up). But I've just finished watching it, and I can provide any commentary you want. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:26 pm

Can you make sub-forums? You could make a few sub-forums for mor epopular series discussions, like sub-forums for Evangelion, FLCL, etc... and then the rest could go in a general sub-forum. But, of course, you still need to keep the whole thing on topic somehow.

It's tough, especially since we have "General Anime" which is so catch-all, it's hard to tell what belongs there and what doesn't. Like, obviously, newly released episodes of shows that you want to discuss go here, but what about people talking about, like, trying to understand the last two episodes of Evangelion, or trying to figure out the ending of Lain... where do those go?

Hmmm.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”