What is your largest premiere project file size?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

What is your largest premiere project file size?

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:27 am

What is the size of your largest ever premiere project file? (No offence to FCP, WMM or other video editing software users)

And what video was it for? And how long was the video?

It should be interesting to know how what the record is, individually or the king of them all....

You could say that project file sizes are somewhat generally an indication of how much effort a creator puts into their video, no?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:44 am

I don't think that would really amount to much of anything at all, as one of the biggest effects on filesize is the amount of files that you import. For example, the largest project file I have on hand is 1.36MB. However, there is nothing at on on the time line except for a song, 2 images, and a transition.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:31 am

Ahhh interesting. Thanks for the observation. My bad.

Waldo
Org Profile

Post by Waldo » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:41 am

My largest file(that I can remember) was 189k. It contained 6 audio tracks, about 20 cuts, and various overlays/transitions.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:45 am

Wait, there was something strange in what you said, you said that the biggest factor was the AMOUNT of files that you import into the project. Yet your biggest project file only contained 2 images and a song?

I did some testing, I imported a song, a clip and a image (3 files) + one transistion, and put them onto the timeline. Also the total file size for the imported media was over 2 Gigs. The result? A 13k file. How did you end up with 1.36 megs with a similar amount of content?

I'm sure all those edits, transistion and fx settings do count for a lot for the size.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:50 am

ShonenDizzyCow wrote:Wait, there was something strange in what you said, you said that the biggest factor was the AMOUNT of files that you import into the project. Yet your biggest project file only contained 2 images and a song?
Nonono - he said thats all that was on the timeline - which suggests there was much more in the flie bin that hadn't been used.

My biggest is a 3mb one for shamless rock video.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:58 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Nonono - he said thats all that was on the timeline - which suggests there was much more in the flie bin that hadn't been used.

My biggest is a 3mb one for shamless rock video.
Ah, I see what you mean! Zarzax, you are right. Thanks Ian. Amount does count for size it seems, so it's no good indication indeed.

3 megs huh? You must have used a lot of screen caps. Either had broken up your videos into tiny chunks. Or both. From what I see, I'm betting on the former.

fellowhoodlum
Org Profile

Post by fellowhoodlum » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:01 am

489k for FF8-Potential.

I feel so small an inferior ;.;

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:32 pm

3.6 megs for Dragon Bebop Z. I edited a few parts like intro and outro as seperate project files.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:46 pm

I'm confused. :cry:

Return to “General AMV”