mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:34 pm

Shining Fingers Studios (awesome guys btw) won:

Fan Favorite
Judges Choice
Best Technical
Best Artistic

for an Azumanga Daioh video with various songs for each character, great stuff. :) I think it was called Azumanga Die-oh (yes, it was the same as dwchang's title).

Brad Demoss won runner up for Best Artistic (Spirited Away - Peter Gabriel - That'll Do)and Best Technical (Laputa - ES Posthumus - Pompie)

I didn't get to see all the entries but I was impressed with the few I saw, some good stuff. :)

And yes, HAMV Hell won the Hentai Fest, which made year #4 I have won that contest. Here was my "Lifetime Achievment Award"...

:lol:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:54 pm

A mod's gonna censor that so fast. :lol: :lol:

Great job for the 4th time!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

ryoneko
Org Profile

Post by ryoneko » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:47 pm

I was really dissappointed in this year's contest. Some very good videos got tossed off into the Showcase for minor technicalities, including my own, which was skipped in the Showcase (even though I submitted to contest...) when there was no sound. The lack of catagories (action, drama, comedy, etc...) seemed kind of odd as well.

Might want to make a rule about fansub subtitles next year.

Congrats to the winners though, you guys did well.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:27 pm

ryoneko wrote:I was really dissappointed in this year's contest. Some very good videos got tossed off into the Showcase for minor technicalities, including my own, which was skipped in the Showcase (even though I submitted to contest...) when there was no sound. The lack of catagories (action, drama, comedy, etc...) seemed kind of odd as well.

Might want to make a rule about fansub subtitles next year.

Congrats to the winners though, you guys did well.
rofl it seems AKON is still a joke.

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:35 pm

Beowulf wrote:rofl it seems AKON is still a joke.
And I learned the "punchline" - first hand - I will say the only people keeping their contest "interesting" is mexicanjunior (and the HentaiFest in general) and Brad Demoss, he always submits something every year.

Elgebar
Org Profile

Post by Elgebar » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:27 pm

Yes, congratulations to Shining Finger, Brad DeMoss, and Mexicanjunior this year for submitting some great videos to the Project A-kon AMV events. Each of you won some well deserved awards.

ryoneko, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the AMV contest. It is an event that we are aware needs some more work. I am planning on spending the majority of my efforts to improve the contest for the 2006 year, which will include a complete re-write of the rules and requirements as well as some other changes which have been a long time coming. I have spent the last two years just getting my hands around everything that is required to run a successful event, and now that I have had enough time to focus in on the things that we do, both well and not, I am hoping to make some siginificant changes for the next year which should alleviate some of the large, looming issues that are creating some tension between fans, video makers, and AMV/Video staff. Over the next month I will be setting up some method of ongoing communication such as a forum board that will allow us to increase our communication with the AMV community and give you guys an opportunity to provide some feedback that we can use to either improve the AMV contest or generate feedback that we can provide the convention staff as leverage to obatin the necessary resources and items we need from the convention to improve the situation.

As soon as I have a means of obtaining the feedback we would like to see, I will post here so everyone can have a voice in the direction of the AMV contest. It is my hope that this will increase communication and understanding between the AMV staff and the fan base and help us turn the event into one that everyone can enjoy and appreciate.

Thanks for the feedback.
Elgebar
A-Kon Video Events Coordinator

ryoneko
Org Profile

Post by ryoneko » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:56 pm

It's good to see that concerns are being taken seriously. It was really crushing to be tossed aside without much explanation, after spending six months on just one video for this contest. I guess I'll try my luck again at AnimeFEST.

Feedback and comminication are always good. I look forward to a better next year.

Thankfully I found the editor to the Tra-la-la video featuring Utena. XD Ah how I loved that one.

Trilaan
Org Profile

Post by Trilaan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:15 am

I really enjoyed the contest this year. Despite my Captain Tylor StarTrekkin video being labeled as "too spammy" and put into the showcase instead. I always submit for the reaction of the audience and in the showcase it got a wonderful response from the people assembled. Hamster Dance fared better in the laughs department than I'd hoped as well. I just wonder how many people understood why the sound was lower during the space sequence. I'll definitely download most of the videos I saw this year when they're available.

ryoneko
Org Profile

Post by ryoneko » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:46 am

Your Captain Tayler video was awesome. :) Is it for download yet?

Return to “AMV Contests”