Should this section be revamped?

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 26

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Fri May 27, 2005 2:03 pm

Well, this section didn't quite turn out how I originally envisioned it, so should the rules and format be modified to something that makes more sense and is in line with how it is currently being used? (See poll.)

Also, post any suggestions as to a new format. I haven't quite fleshed out what one would be yet, so I welcome a discussion on the subject.
Last edited by paizuri on Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri May 27, 2005 2:10 pm

I say, just move the threads that doesn't have the original intented format to the General Anime or that mod-only forum.
ImageImage

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Fri May 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Well, I was thinking the revamped section could be for the discussion of series in general. So there would be threads for each title and then you'd just post in there whatever you wanted to talk about for that show.

For example:

A thread called "Bible Black" would just be about discussing or commenting on that show. People could talk about specific episodes, or their favorite episodes, or just the series in general just as long as the posts were limited to that show or only reference other shows in context to the show that is the thread's namesake.

Basically it would be a Anime Series Discussion section instead of a Episode Discussion.

General Anime would still be for talking about various things in anime in general or for discussing the latest shows being licensed or philosophical debates about characters, etc.

That's my line of thinking anyway.

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Fri May 27, 2005 8:18 pm

My question would be do the people who want the threads have to ask a mod and they put the thread up like the recommendation threads or will it be a free for all? If it is a free for all I would be concerned that other series would get lost and then repeated if people don't look all the way in the back pages.

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Sun May 29, 2005 12:09 am

There will be a stickied suggestion thread for people to ask for specific anime threads and then a mod can create it for them if it doesn't already exist. Any thread that is created will have that show be listed in the first post so users can check that first before asking.

NelTu
Org Profile

Post by NelTu » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:26 am

That's sweet I'll tall you some good ones then. 8-)
Killing you only reduces the number of idiots
Best Site EVAH Clicky! www.adurah.com/img/hp7_spoilers.jpg

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:01 pm

paizuri wrote:Well, I was thinking the revamped section could be for the discussion of series in general. So there would be threads for each title and then you'd just post in there whatever you wanted to talk about for that show.
I'm for that idea. It would really be nice for starting up specific conversations about the shows themselves, and leave General Anime for more "general" questions.

On the other hand, you will have some pointless threads and spamming. As an example, in an InuYasha main thread, someone could easily post "DOWN WITH INUYASHA!", or start over-spamming, which would go against the good intention of the revamping.

Only if you (or another admin / mod) are willing to watchdog this forum constantly for spamming threads, then by all means, go for it! :D
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:02 pm

Or another section just for talking about specific anime, and keep this for specific episodes...

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:08 pm

Okay, I think it's been enough time to gather the thoughts of all 15 people who read this section (or care to vote in the poll at any rate). :o

So it sounds like a revamp is in order. I was thinking of just renaming this section and then locking all the current threads but creating the new series-specific threads for all of the ones active and linking to whatever pertinent threads exist in here for reference.

Are there any objections or alternatives to this that you would like instead?

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:08 pm

paizuri wrote:Okay, I think it's been enough time to gather the thoughts of all 15 people who read this section (or care to vote in the poll at any rate). :o

So it sounds like a revamp is in order. I was thinking of just renaming this section and then locking all the current threads but creating the new series-specific threads for all of the ones active and linking to whatever pertinent threads exist in here for reference.

Are there any objections or alternatives to this that you would like instead?
Perhaps there could be a sticky at the top of the thread that is mainly used for suggesting what topics should be here. Like if one person says "I want an evangelion ep 23 thread", and if enough people agree, you can then create one or something

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”