Horror Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.

Horror Videos

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:55 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that are scary, gorey or in some other way intended to be disturbing or horrific.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby gundamzuki » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:05 am

Phantom of the Opera
by Kevin Caldwell

No words can describe this. Creepy is probably the best. I'm really not sure what else to call it. This video was one of the prime reasons my girlfriend and I now own the Memories disk. Very well done.

"There is the Real World, and it is nice. And then there's math." -Prof. Bevelaqua, U. of N. Dakota, Grand Forks
gundamzuki

Postby billy_wires » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:09 pm

Pen-Pen2000's Requiem for a Nightmare.

Unlike those other imitators out there, this one rocks the socks. Long song, so it does what a suspensefull horror video should: set the mood and define the characters. It's like a short movie, and really gets the job done. Set to Memories, the first epsiode, Magnetic Rose (I'm guessing here, I don't have the disk), this video is both creepy and good.
billy_wires

Postby Swordfish23 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:40 am

Name-=The AMV before Halloween
by-=ShiningFingerStudious
Anime-=Too many to list

I think this is a great horror video, its not really scary but its kinda funny horror and just a great video for halloween. These guys did a great job on it and got some cool effects in it, like the end. Has lots of footage and just does well for a horror video. You guys should check it out. Has a 9.7 opinion total.
Link at the bottom.

"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero
Swordfish23

Postby badmartialarts » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:44 am

Pie Row Maniac's "Alpha and Omega" is still the creepiest video I've seen to date. Creepy song, creepy Xenogears cutscenes....
Life's short.
eBayhard.
badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist

Postby angelx03 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:51 pm

SpawN - NOCTURNE - Elfen Lied

It's not available in the Org, but you can get it in the AKROSS website.

Out all the horror videos I have seen, THIS video brings absolute insanity and chillings into the viewer. The creator makes use of most of the gory scenes in Elfen Lied and exponentially highten the creep facter; it's A LOT creepier than the series itself.

EDIT 3/27/05: In response of SpawN, here's the Org link. :D

Last edited by angelx03 on Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby OtakuForLife » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:19 pm

Best ever ... done
(ok, at least really cool)
OtakuForLife

Postby pen-pen2002 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:06 pm

This is a truly excelent horror video. It is all about atmophere and creepy visuals but it also has a strong storyline. It is very theatrical in nature and is very re-watchable. Everything fits together perfectly.
pen-pen2002

Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime

Postby Coffee 54 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:10 pm

I know its already been listed, but its the only video I really like from this catagory. There are no jump out of your seat scary moments, for me this video works on atmosphere. Its both powerful and creepy, like a really good episode of The Twilight Zone, and ends with this great, action pact, tension release.
Coffee 54

Postby -=SpawN=- » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:08 pm

- the best what I saw. Make a horror amv from such anime like Tsukihime... At first time I have not even recognized it! :lol: I'm shocked.
-=SpawN=-

Good horror vid

Postby Shalist » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:31 pm

I haven't seen many of the ones listed above, but one that I have seen that really hits the "don't watch with the lights out" spot is the 'Faces of Death (uncut),'.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... .php?v=893

Definitely worth watching for anyone who likes horror vids, kinda surprised it wasn't mentioned already.
Shalist

Postby requiett » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:23 am

"Is That You" by Kamoc is the not only the best horror I've seen, but the most perfectly executed original animation vid on the site. While crudely animated in Flash, the scenes set the tone with such veracity that I still get freaked everytime I see that shadow crawling up into the bed. It illustrates a bad psychedelic trip so perfectly that no other vid I've seen has come close to elating the kind of feelings I get from this well of dementia. As it stands, it's not only one of the best AMVs, but one of the best music videos in general and needs to be made into a real-life version. You'd be a fool not to watch this piece of classic cinema.

requiett

Postby megaman917 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:17 am

This is about one of the best videos that I've seen here at the .org:

This video shows more originality than most of the videos on this site. That includes all those that are in the to 10 spots.
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)
Through tragedy, she found triumph. R.I.P. Coretta Scott King (1927 - 2006)
Long live the "King of Pop"! R.I.P. Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)
megaman917

Postby Songbird21 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:13 pm

Vid creator: pen-pen2002

This video is extremly well executed and very creepy. Not a lot of FX (Not that I see that as the marker of a good vid anyway). This vid will defanitly give you the chills. The movie used fits the music to a "T". You just have to see it!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Vid creator: Vega Sailor

Song: Transylvanian Concubine

Anime: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

A fantastic video that is seriously under rated. Wonderful cuts, hits and a deliciously evil aura. Watch it. You won't be dissapointed.
Best editing Connecticon 2013: Bravery

Switchplate City- Custom lightswitch covers (Some anime related), etch glassware and more!
Songbird21

HurQlez03

Postby GuruTrue » Sat May 14, 2005 10:29 pm

Get up and Die! by HurQlez03

I really think that HurQlez03 deserves credit for this video he made for Halloween. It was one of his few non-evangelion video and features footage from Hellsing. The video does have a few creepy moments intermixed with alot of action moments. It really is a great vid and worthy of repeat viewings.

Guru
GuruTrue

Next

Return to Recommended AMVs