Interest in "vision of Hell" MEP? (classical)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Al'x
Org Profile

Interest in "vision of Hell" MEP? (classical)

Post by Al'x » Mon May 02, 2005 11:29 pm

Basically, my idea is to make a multi-editor video using Rachmaninoff's "Prelude in C#-". The video would be split into parts, and each part would be a different editor's vision of Hell.

To listen to the song, go to http://alxd.sytes.net/audio/rachprelude.mp3
This mp3 is likely very close to the final version of the audio, but it is not the final version.

Here is a loose map out of approximate sections. Of course this is just a estimate,

0:00 - 1:05 Part 1
1:05 - 1:18 Transition 1
1:18 - 2:09 Part 2
2:09 - 2:21 Transition 2
2:21 - 3:05 Part 3
3:05+ Credits

So there is 3 parts, plus "in-between" transitions and credits. Each part is progressively "deeper" into Hell (the music changes and becomes heavier) and the transitions are parts in the music where there is a literal descent in pitch.

Obviously not a huge project, only 5 people at the most, and only 3 people are "needed". I can possibly do a section myself, but only for a last resort. =)

For the transitions, if somebody wants to do them, that's great. However, probably it will end up being a collaboration between the editors who have the parts before and after.

I'm leaving editing guidelines to this : the video has to have a theme of the descent into Hell. I would highly discourage action styles... but I guess it could happen. I want to give anybody who joins up full opportunity to do whatever you want... but if you aren't going to stick with the "descent into Hell" theme then this project isn't for you. =\ If you want to change the audio... I can only say "maybe".

If a few people are interested in this and post here, I will start this project and make a "real" thread.

Also, if somebody wants to make suggestions on how the project is run, or stuff I missed in this post, please suggest. =)

Please post if you are interested, or have any suggestions!

MIDI version (only download this if you want a quick sample... this version is not accurate and the mp3 version is a million times better)

ifihadaninja
Org Profile

Post by ifihadaninja » Tue May 03, 2005 12:40 am

highly intrested. this could be a really good one. i think the track should be a bit longer though, at least 6 minuites. hell cant be that small.

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Tue May 03, 2005 11:13 am

This sounds like a great idea. I love horror videos and instrumental peices and I've been meaning to do a straight classical video for a while now.

I agree with Ifihadaninja that 3 minutes is very short. The peice is 5 minutes but it seems much shorter because there is so much tension. I wouldn't want to waste any of it on credits. The way it ends we could have the credits in complete silence and no one would think twice about it.

Brolly345
Org Profile

Post by Brolly345 » Tue May 03, 2005 11:29 am

I'm interested. It'll give me a chance to use something insturmental. :D

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue May 03, 2005 12:48 pm

What if my vision of hell involves DBZ and Linkin Park?

ifihadaninja
Org Profile

Post by ifihadaninja » Tue May 03, 2005 12:52 pm

godix wrote:What if my vision of hell involves DBZ and Linkin Park?
Then you must be satan.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed May 04, 2005 2:07 pm

ifihadaninja wrote:
Then you must be <b>Mr.</b> satan.
Fixed. :o
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Wed May 04, 2005 3:17 pm

Scintilla wrote:
ifihadaninja wrote:
Then you must be Hercule.
Fixed. :o
Image Image

Al'x
Org Profile

Post by Al'x » Wed May 04, 2005 10:41 pm

I don't really think this needs to be any longer. Giving each person about a minute is probably enough I think. Adding more time would just add more editors though, which would be nice.

The music I chose I think is well-suited to a MEP (distinct parts) and gets progressively more tense... like descending deeper into Hell. Certainly I'm open to any suggestions, and it doesn't have to be piano/classical, although I'd like to avoid lyrics, since it takes the focus off the editing.

I got a few pieces off some Beethoven CDs that are a good length, although I still prefer the original piece.
Piano Concerto #4 in G major mvt 2 [MIDI]
Appassionata mvt 3 [MIDI]

Cutting the credits is fine. =) I guess the person with the final section would choose whenever he/she wants to finish up.

Some other ideas to extend the music...
-Do what all the other MEPs do and make a "mix"... this doesn't appeal to me a very much, but if we can come up with a great mix it would be good.
-Use a second piece of music which contrasts the first where we do different visions of Heaven. This definately changes the focus of the video, and perhaps even gets a bit to complex and ambitious (I don't know if enough people would be interested in a classical music project). I kind of like this idea though. =)

supersayian313
Org Profile

Post by supersayian313 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:46 pm

pm me if there are any spots open. :twisted:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”