Diary of a Mars...Volta

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
mageofdeath
Org Profile

Diary of a Mars...Volta

Post by mageofdeath » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:04 am

well seeing as how the 30 seconds to mars project is dead, I decided well why not make one about another one of my favorite bands mars volta, now I know what alot of people are thinking their songs are hella long, but thats ok cuz I'm not too bad with sound editing and think I can a pretty fluid song using about 10-16 tracks..
anyways I'll put together the track itself tomorrow using mostly material from de-loused and maybe some frances, prolly just a bit, and post the track here...
Ok I need a co-project head, he would need to be someone who is skilled with photoshop, and encoding, cuz I suck at XVid encoding and know the masses would appreciate that instead of .avi, mpeg, or wmv. As well as being organized and obviously a Mars Volta fan...
as far as the editors go I need somewhere between 10-16 editors, depending on how many segments I use for the track, but I know 16 people wont sign up in less than 24 hrs <.<, so I guess I'm ok...
Thnx and hope this will be good, also plzz, some amount of experience would be greatly appreciated...
*edit*
changed the comment about lp, and posted the link for the audio mix...
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=05H80 ... XYGKHONYBK
Last edited by mageofdeath on Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Xoninmuoshda-
Org Profile

Post by -Xoninmuoshda- » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:33 am

im interested but can i trust you that this project will go through? i dont wanna make a video for a project that never gets released.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:40 am

I would definately be in

:up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:16 pm

I'd like to be in, but if it's happening anytime soon I likely won't be in my editing condition :(
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:15 pm

" if you've used a combo of lp and naruto/dbz in any of your vids, you are automatically ineligable for this project (don't really care how good it is)..."

Wow..., just wow..... Die. :roll:

-Xoninmuoshda-
Org Profile

Re: Diary of a Mars...Volta

Post by -Xoninmuoshda- » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:18 pm

mageofdeath wrote:Thnx and hope this will be good, also plzz, if you've used a combo of lp and naruto/dbz in any of your vids, you are automatically ineligable for this project (don't really care how good it is)...
i can safely say that you are a prick.

i've used dbz in many of my videos some of them suck.. some of them are very good and entertaining. many of my new ones are very awesome as well.

btw i'm still interested in this project.

HexagonParanoia
Org Profile

Re: Diary of a Mars...Volta

Post by HexagonParanoia » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:46 pm

-Xoninmuoshda- wrote:
mageofdeath wrote:Thnx and hope this will be good, also plzz, if you've used a combo of lp and naruto/dbz in any of your vids, you are automatically ineligable for this project (don't really care how good it is)...
i can safely say that you are a prick.

i've used dbz in many of my videos some of them suck.. some of them are very good and entertaining. many of my new ones are very awesome as well.

btw i'm still interested in this project.
Combo of Linkin Park and Naruto/DBZ
You've only done one though... so meh..
Still... Quite Biased

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:46 pm

The entire thing about mars volta is sitting down and listening to their albums as one continuous story.

Cutting songs of theirs into snippets and pasting them together would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Most of the appeal for Volta to me is in the vastness and expansivness of their music of which can not be achieved with a 30 second snippet of the best part of each respective track.

mageofdeath
Org Profile

Post by mageofdeath » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:50 pm

Beowulf wrote:The entire thing about mars volta is sitting down and listening to their albums as one continuous story.

Cutting songs of theirs into snippets and pasting them together would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Most of the appeal for Volta to me is in the vastness and expansivness of their music of which can not be achieved with a 30 second snippet of the best part of each respective track.
well I'm not just going to slam the clips together, I'm still working on the mix and its turning out quite well, as far as story, I think only frances the mute is the only story like album they have were as far as de-loused is more of a blend of their ATDI stuff, and some great melodic harmonies...
BTW I forgot to set a deadline in the first post, so I'll set one hopefully for the end of July and it can be flexible, say we all finish before it, or someone needs a few days extra etc...

-Xoninmuoshda-
Org Profile

Post by -Xoninmuoshda- » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:58 am

make it the end of the year

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”