Bohemian Rhapsody 5.1 Audio + FIVE SCREENS AMV Project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
ssgwnbtd
Org Profile

Bohemian Rhapsody 5.1 Audio + FIVE SCREENS AMV Project

Post by ssgwnbtd » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:26 am

I was hooking up my speakers again because someone broke the wire on my cheap headphones and an idea came to me. Why couldn't an entire AMV project be in 5.1 audio? Sure there have been AMV's that used 5.1 before but not a whole project. And I was also thinking about making an Evangelion + Cowboy Bebop vid with the 5.1 audio remaster of Bohemian Rhapsody or maybe the Weird Al cover of it.

This project will use Bohemian Rhapsody off of Queen's A Night at the Opera album in DVD audio.

This project will use FIVE SYNCED TRACKS OF VIDEO. BOOM.

Yes, five. One for LFront, RFront, LRear, RRear, and Center.

This project may be edited in 1600x240 or in five 320x240 video tracks.

As for anime, this project is open to whatever you want to use. Some parts have already been synced extremely well to Bebop and Evangelionin in other amv's. Maybe you want to use scenes from several anime series/movies at once. However, this will be FIVE TRACKS OF VIDEO. The possibilities are great.

As for how to divide the song up, it should be a natural division of where the song changes mood/tempo. I'll leave it up to whoever feels they have the best idea. Also, it may be possible to show tracks by five different editors running concurrently for brief periods of time instead of one editor doing all five video tracks.

I know what you're thinking.. How will this be displayed at a con or on a monitor that's not at 1600 res? Nature will find a way. Build it.. and they will hook up five projectors.

As for coordiating the project, I could do that through email, but the project isn't that long. The forum should be better because everyone gets to look at the feedback and make suggestions.

So for now we should determine what parts will be done by one editor/five editors and who has an idea for those sections.

RutKiskasca
Org Profile

I WANT IN

Post by RutKiskasca » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:34 am

Damn, the more I think about it, the cooler this idea gets. It is really a ground breaking concept. A multi projector installation type video format could really be awesome. I volunteer!!

Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net
http://www.kiskasca.net/

"We are MMORPG...you will be assimilated...resistance is futile"

Zero1
Org Profile

Post by Zero1 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:18 am

Best of luck to you my friend, it sounds like an interesting project.

While we're on the subject of doing things a little out of the ordinary, how about doing the final distro in .mp4 with AVC for video and AAC audio.

It would be really interesting to see how it compresses, standard AMVs are bastards enough, never mind 5 simultaneous screens of action.

I can't offer you much in the way of input as a project, I'm lazy and relatively a not worthy producer, but I'd be more than happy to play around at encoding the thing if and when it gets done, that would be fun.

Good luck dude, keep coming up with those wacky ideas 8-)

mageofdeath
Org Profile

Post by mageofdeath » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:11 am

That is a damn awesome idea, but the one things thats picking at my brain is, so theres goin to be synchs to each channel of audio? and are you goin to break the audio streams up yourself and then just mesh all the streams back together in the final encode?

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:53 am

If I may intrude with a suggestion:

You might be better off with Four screens of video.

A: It'll fit better in the one "real" screen on which this is displayed (unless you have some scheme for slicing the screen into five non-rectangular regions.

B: 5.1 is still conceptually quadraphonic. The ".1" is at frequencies that (theoretically) you can't really spatially locate. One of the "5" is a center channel, which is essentially conceved to keep on-screen speech right in the same place as the screen (since very few people actually set up their speakers in such a way that the mix will really "place" all sounds where they are suppesed to be, and having on-screen speach fall somewhere other than where you see the speaker is a little disorienting).

C: Queen had four members, not five. If you do want to do five screens, rather than four, you might be best off reserving one of them for the instrumental aspect of the video, or whatever.
may seeds of dreams fall from my hands -
and by yours be pressed into the ground.

ssgwnbtd
Org Profile

Post by ssgwnbtd » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:18 pm

Good points. I was thinking it over some more.. maybe 3 screens would be enough.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”