Air TV - Episode 12 - FINAL EPISODE!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Air TV - Episode 12 - FINAL EPISODE!

Post by angelx03 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:39 am

Did Misuzu seriously die? That's what I was getting at in 3/4 of the episode.

I seriously hope someone license this; it's just too good to pass up. :x
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:36 pm

spoiler added wrote:She's dead...
That end sequence was more of a flashback if anything...
This anime went from the top of a tower for me and fell into an abyss of sadness and sorrow... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I liked Kanon a little more than this cause at least the hero got the girl but still, the journey is at a halt now [recap ep 13? wth?]

I was hoping he'd find the girl flying lonely in the sky and then, well... [blah blah :wink: ] The legend is unfulfilled and the mission a failure...

Sadly, I can't accept an open ended anime such as this. [SEQUEL PLEASE!!! SEQUEL!!! MUST SEE SAD ANGEL HOTTIE GET RESCUED CAUSE SHE DESERVES BETTER!!! :evil: ]

[paizuri: I added in a spoiler tag.]
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:47 pm

OmniStrata wrote:She's dead...
That end sequence was more of a flashback if anything...
You forgot to cover it. :wink:
And I'm hearing from other people in other forums that the curse is broken. Someone want to explain that?
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:15 am

That's a tough call.
spoiler... erm:
It might have been broken, but it accomplished little because now instead of suffering a dream of sadness, she simply ceases to exist. I didn't see any good closure.
From the questions you're wondering and I myself have a few, it seems this series is in DIRE need of an oav/movie/sequel to explain a bunch of things. [the movie is under wraps, no news on it but its plans exists I think]
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:29 am

Actually I heard the movie is not "directly' related to the series at all (given the fact that there's a different director directing it, different character designs, different animation studio working (which is Toei), and there are different VAs). It might go to a different direction than the series.

And just to note, the movie already premiered in Japan before the series. It's just that the DVD hasn't been released yet (thus no fansubs of it as of yet :wink: ).
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am

I saw previews of the movie last year... I liked it, though the idea of Misuzu being an informant of some sort is odd... Either that or the translation was wrong...

:lol:

Alucard_FoN
Org Profile

Post by Alucard_FoN » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:50 pm

I kind of agree with Omni that the ending was unfulfilling. The show was one of the most emotional ones I've seen in a while, but to end like that just makes it feel unfinished.

Nonetheless, I do hope it gets licensed because it was very good except for the ending.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”