How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
AMVfreak
Org Profile

Re: Um, problem...

Post by AMVfreak » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:52 am

Yes, if some have you have noticed[Like devil here], FFX2MOV/game will not rip some FMVs accurately.
I will post more information on the thread, devilmaykickass.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Athena_128
Org Profile

What about FFX-2

Post by Athena_128 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:20 am

Okay....now, I've read through the threads (this time... :oops: ) and I downloaded the tool for FFX-2, and it gives me an error. I don't know what the error is b/c it's in Japanese or something. So, if anybody could offer me some more help that would be great. Thanks for the help again for FFX.
Athena

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Re: What about FFX-2

Post by AMVfreak » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:43 pm

Athena_128 wrote:Okay....now, I've read through the threads (this time... :oops: ) and I downloaded the tool for FFX-2, and it gives me an error. I don't know what the error is b/c it's in Japanese or something. So, if anybody could offer me some more help that would be great. Thanks for the help again for FFX.
Can you post a screencap of the error?
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Athena_128
Org Profile

Post by Athena_128 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:42 pm

Actually, I got it...I just used the original ripping...um, with the extractor and everything....got it to work fine with FFX-2. Thanks anyway.... :D
Athena

Guardian4
Org Profile

Post by Guardian4 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:51 pm

Has anyone on this forum had any luck with extracting the FMVs from Shadow Hearts Covenant? I've tried every single method I've come across, even this one, and it's yet to work. :(

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:00 pm

Guardian4 wrote:Has anyone on this forum had any luck with extracting the FMVs from Shadow Hearts Covenant? I've tried every single method I've come across, even this one, and it's yet to work. :(
Well, if you've tried this DVD/ISO method and didn't work, chances are slim you can rip it as of now. This method does not work with every PS2 game, and you'll problaby have to wait for a new development that may work for that game.
Also, you may want to check out beta PS2 FMV rippers some programmers have created recently on the web. [I've heard of several interesting PS2 movie ripping beta programs.] But again, chances may be slim you can find one that works specifically for SHC2.

I would go with capturing the footage using hardware.
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Guardian4
Org Profile

Post by Guardian4 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm

That's what I'll probably have to end up doing, but at this moment, it may not be possible. I have the capture card and all, but the setup between the VCR and the rest of the tv and playstation 2 hardware may not work. I had done something like that before, but since we replaced the sound system, it's different and may not be possible. :cry: I may be screwed royally.

Guardian4
Org Profile

Post by Guardian4 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:05 pm

And since we can't edit out posts...unless you know of a way to get the game to run on a computer, in which case, I'm *still* screwed because I don't have a camcorder anyway.

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:49 pm

Rather, you can directly connect the PS2 to your PC and capture that.
You then won't have to bother with the extra PS2->VCR->PC step.
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Guardian4
Org Profile

Post by Guardian4 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:54 am

How would I do that, exactly?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”