Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episode 19 ("Introjection&quo

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
bobbarker31
Location: Latitude 40.063 Longitude -80.721.... in the general vicinity
Org Profile

Post by bobbarker31 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:02 am

If Shinji had fought the Angel instead of the dummy plug, Toji may not have been hurt as bad as he was. For crying out loud, the angel had its neck broken and face smashed in and the entry plug was not damaged. It took Unit 1 crushing Toji in his plug to cause the injuries that he received. If Shinji would have done his job, the angel would have been destroyed and Toji would be walking and able to use both hands.

You can have issues with people like your father, but you should not compromise the fate of the world in order to finally make your stand with them.
If it can't be expressed in numbers or figures, it is an opinion - Robert Heinlein
Like anime? Cosplay? Crossovers? AMVs? You need to go to....

Zotto
Org Profile

Post by Zotto » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:33 am

I just think that according to Gendo, Toji's life was meaningless, he just wanted to test the dummy plug system, that's the only reason that came in my mind which can explain Gendo didn't stop the dummy system when the 01 smashed the angel's head and threw his arms apart...

Or maybe gainax just needed a good reason to make Shinji's hate grow..

Answering to why "he choosed asuka", I think that is just because, as Shinji consider in Evangelion, she was the only one left, he didn't want to see Rei after what he discovered about her, and he felt that he was just a child to Misato, and there was not he could do at all for here, that's why the only one left is Asuka...

It's just my opinion.

Zotto
Org Profile

Post by Zotto » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:35 am

sry second post.

I meant "he could do nothing for her" (I am talking about how she felt after what happened kaji, with no possibilities for shinji to comfort her).

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:35 pm

To be honest... Unit 03 could have been stopped very easily without harming Toji in the slightest. Shinji was being a dumbass pussy again, and Gendo did what was necessary to ensure the survival of the species. Shinji's anger and "guilt" were completely irrational.

However, Gendo should have stopped Unit 01 after 03 had been thoroughly ripped apart.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:54 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:To be honest... Unit 03 could have been stopped very easily without harming Toji in the slightest. Shinji was being a dumbass pussy again, and Gendo did what was necessary to ensure the survival of the species. Shinji's anger and "guilt" were completely irrational.

However, Gendo should have stopped Unit 01 after 03 had been thoroughly ripped apart.
I've been going over it, and I found Shinji's logic:

If Shinji kills Unit 03, he knows that he'd be killing another person -- the person inside Unit 03. Remember, when they are synchronized with their Evas, the Eva's pain becomes their pain. Shinji knows this part first-hand -- that's why he's understandably serious about not causing damage to Unit 03.

Ironic, isn't it? It was because Toji smacked him around for injuring his sister that Shinji first understood about the guilt for injuring people. His father, however, had no such scruples about taking human life, for reasons that became quite obvious in the later episodes...
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:11 am

Damage that the Evas take is only inflicted upon their pilots when the sync ratios are extremely high. Not that Shinji knows this. Actually, he doesn't even know that such a thing is possible - he only knows about the pain-sharing that occurs at lower synchronizations.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”