Printable Guides?

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Printable Guides?

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:34 pm

I printed the "ErMaC's Gude to All Things Video" yesterday. I was really excited becaues I'd be lot easier and convient if I had the "manual" sitting right next to me. I started the printing job and went off to do something else. Awhile latter I came back after the whole thing was printing. I was estactic and took it and ran into a quiet place so I could envelope myself in it. Re-read and try to fully undertand the things that I missed when I read it the first time through.

At first glance I noticed that a considerable amount of the text had been cut off from the right side of the paper on the first page. No biggy, it's only the first page. Page 2, was the same, I started to get a little disheartened. Page 3, 4, 5 and so on where all the same! ;_;

*screams, "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" as the camera backs away* :roll:

:( 21 pages of paper waisted (both front and back were printed upon) AND a considerable amount of ink. :( which kinda hurt more since the paper I was using was from reams of paper that I've had fro a very very long time.

Anyway, the point of this story are these 2 questions

1) Is there a way to make the curent version printer friendly with out having to do to much work?

2) Would it be possible to create a printer friendly version of the guides so that it's "idiot" proof?

Just for cliarifacation on my definition on printer friendly. Text won't be cut off AND the reduction of pictures so that not as much ink is used but not to loose any of it's "picture usefullness" (a better word or phrase escapes me at the moment).

Sano-san

Arekuru
Org Profile

Post by Arekuru » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:54 pm

Why don't you copy the text into word or something and print from there? Alternately, I think hitting "print to file" might work, but it's been a while, and that could be complete gobbly-gook. ^-^

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:23 pm

Ummm... ummmm.... becaues that'd be to easy? :oops: Dang it why didn't I think of that sooner :? I still like the idea of having a printable version on the website so one wouldn't have to do all that work. but that's just me. maybe a warning that in it's current format it's not printer friendly... *is just trying to be helpful*

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:13 pm

i tried to put it into word once, but b/c of all the pictures and stuff you end up having to print more pages cause of the way word wraps it and wants to keep the entire picture on one page or another.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:21 pm

you can just copy/paste the text into Word, so there wouldn't be any pictures...

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:42 pm

mckeed wrote:i tried to put it into word once, but b/c of all the pictures and stuff you end up having to print more pages cause of the way word wraps it and wants to keep the entire picture on one page or another.
jbone wrote:you can just copy/paste the text into Word, so there wouldn't be any pictures...
Sagara Sanosuke wrote:Text won't be cut off AND the reduction of pictures so that not as much ink is used but not to loose any of it's "picture usefullness" (a better word or phrase escapes me at the moment)./quote]

Hence the need to create a printer friendly version. :twisted:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”