Character Profiles

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Character Profiles

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:09 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that depict the actions or feelings of a character or characters from anime shows.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:09 pm

Reasoning: One of the strongest character profiles I've ever seen, period. This would have been my vote for VCAs if it had made the finalists. Very strong story telling of the sub character Judeau of Berserk, I feel like I know the character well after seeing this video, and I havn't yet seen Berserk. Also very dramatic and keeps a strong grip on your attention span from start to finish. Just a master peice of story telling.

Doesn't hurt that this is a great song aswell.

THis is the video that realy perked my interest in berserk.

==================================================

Reasoning: Again, A great masterpeice at storytelling. Although her editing is not quite as polished as that of SSJVegita0609, and the video is quite long, the superb story flow and dramatic element of the song with that of the footage more than makes up for it. This is also one of my favorite character profiles.

===============================================

Reasoning: This is my all time favorite character profile video. Mostly because I just adore Shinobu, and this is the best profile I've seen to her. (Yes I am a bit biased here) Again Excellent story telling, Especially considering its to a side character with somewhat limited footage, and very clean editing.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:50 am

Moonlight Soldier's An Angel's Solitude is a very notable video, I highly suggest it. It uses the anime, Ayashi No Ceres so seeing it will only make it better. Still, ignore the begining, and you'll be ok even if you hadn't seen it ;p.

Dwchang's Can't wait to be King featuring Escaflowne (main character) entertaining whether or not you've seen it.
Last edited by Knowname on Sun May 22, 2005 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:24 pm

This Berserk character profile is a great epic representation of the relationship between Gats and Griffith, the world around them, and their eventual downfall. The editing is great and the connection to the song is emotional and well implemented.

Warning: The video has spoilers.
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:16 pm

While we're on the subject of Berserk character works, we can't leave out Bote's Man of Sorrows. Its the best damn Guts vid I've ever seen.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:43 pm

This is a Trigun video to 'Lucky' by Radiohead. It doesn't actually have "Character Profile" listed in its Category(s) section, but it is a character profile video for Vash the Stampede. WARNING: This video contains significant spoiler content for Trigun.

I haven't even seen Full Metal Alchemist and I still love this video. From what little I know about the series, the choice of song for this video seems very fitting. On the technical side of things, this is an extremely fast-paced video that could easily be mistaken for an action video if the song and the direction of the video weren't so focused on Ed. Extremely well-done. WARNING: This video contains significant spoiler content for Full Metal Alchemist. I took a risk when I watched this video, but there was really just one spoiler in it that I recognized as anything meaningful. The rest of the spoiler content flashed by me too quickly for me to make any sense of it. I know this video must already be pretty well-known around here since it is an award nominee, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Get ready for three character profiles in one video. Spike, Jet and Faye from Cowboy Bebop are all given a pretty equal share of time in this video. The video takes a look at what some of Spike's, Jet's and Faye's thoughts might have been during the final two episodes of the series, and it does this through flashback sequences for each character. I liked the way the editor gave each character's flashbacks a different color tone for those sequences. I thought it set them apart from one another very well. Despite one inexplicably grainy portion of the video and the creator trying to play with the idea that Jet may have had a thing for Faye, I found this video to be a well-edited and touching tribute to those three characters, and the excellent nod to one specific part of the series' continuity at the end of the video tops it off nicely. WARNING: This video contains significant spoiler content for Cowboy Bebop.

I've only downloaded three Haibane-Renmei videos I thought were any good, and this was one of them. The editor uses the sentimental song 'Light Through Stones' by Candidate and some well-timed imagery to tell Reki's story. As you can see on the page, this video was once made available for download in a surprising five different formats (two DivX and three MPEG). Unfortunately, Tears of Reki has been unavailable for download for quite a while now. I'm sorry to tell you about a video you can't even download, but hopefully it will be made available again sometime in the near future. WARNING: This video contains significant spoiler content for Haibane-Renmei.

This is another character profile video that doesn't actually have "Character Profile" listed in its Category(s) section for some reason. Anyway, this is the most surprising character profile video I've seen because it focuses on the main character featured in the second episode of Boogiepop Phantom. The sequential layout of the major events in the character's life was nice to see, and the juxtaposition of the two songs, two editing styles and two themes used in the video was unusual (in a good way) and very well-executed. WARNING: This video contains significant spoilers for Boogiepop Phantom.

Many of you may have already seen this one. I think it's an excellent profile video for Sara, my favorite Now and Then, Here and There character. There isn't anything eye-catching or technically impressive about this video, but there doesn't need to me. I know it may sound cliche to say that this video has a lot of heart, but it does. WARNING: This video contains significant spoiler content for Now and Then, Here and There.
Time makes all things possible. I can wait.

KaneDragon
Org Profile

Post by KaneDragon » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:57 pm

I wanted to add my own reasons. A Different Side of Me is the best character video I have seen. You do not need to have seen Golden Boy to appreciate it (at least, I haven't, though I have watched other Golden Boy AMVs and get the gist of the anime). This AMV makes you care about and feel sorry for Kintaro. The effects are well used, too. Good song.

AniHawk
Org Profile

Post by AniHawk » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:50 pm

I recommend Ceres by Dethmajor and Integra's Hurt by Dethmajor. Both Hellsing, the former using The Cure's Burn, the second using NiN (Nine inch Nails)'s Hurt.

One by one, the penguins steal my sanity.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=114839

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:39 am

This sweet and touching video by jal0021 made me buy the series. Unfortunately, the AMV was a lot better than the anime. :lol:

elfintears
Org Profile

Post by elfintears » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:01 pm

this is one of the best character profiles i've seen yet. very philosophical and the song is perfest.

oh yeah, by the way it's of Al from Full Metal Alchemist
if all the world's a stage where does the audience sit?

Return to “Recommended AMVs”