Jesus of Suburbia (Offical Thread)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Brolly345
Org Profile

Jesus of Suburbia (Offical Thread)

Post by Brolly345 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:56 pm

Alright peeps this is the offical thread for the Jesus of Suburbia MEV. This is for requesting tracks, and general information about technical aspects of the video i'm requiring.

Now I'll start with how the tracks are to be split up. I think Kusoyaro hosted the mix in the interest guage thread. If he would be so kind as to let people get the mix from him I will greatly appriciate it. If not just hit me up on a chat program, and I'll send it to you. I don't have hosting... yet. Ironically enough it split up perfectly into ten tracks that are 'close' to the same length:

Jesus of Suburbia

Track 1: 0:00 - 0:57 (57 seconds) - Hitori, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi? & FLCL
Track 2: 0:57 - 1:50 (53 seconds) - Hitori, Undecided

City of the Damned

Track 3: 1:50 - 2:47 (57 seconds) - Brolly345, Undecided
Track 4: 2:47 - 3:41 (54 seconds) - Kusoyaro, Akira

I Don't Care

Track 5: 3:41 - 4:34 (52 seconds) - Onimura, Excel Saga
Track 6: 4:34 - 5:18 (44 seconds) - LightningCountX, Great Teacher Onizuka

Dearly Beloved

Track 7: 5:18 - 6:30 (72 seconds) - Mr. Panda, Undecided

Tales From Another Broken Home

Track 8: 6:30 - 7:30 (60 seconds) - slackergirl, Dragon Half
Track 9: 7:30 - 8:23 (53 seconds) - theocide, RahXephon
Track 10: 8:23 - 9:08 (45 seconds) - emopunk, Evangelion

Those are the tracks I came up with, so those are the official tracks. Simply cut the mix in your editing program a few seconds before and after the timeframe of your track to allow for transitions. If you want to request a track you must do it in this format. And since I get first pick on track I'll make the example: :P

Name: Brolly345
Track: City of the Damned, Track 3
Anime: Undecided

This is the format I would like requests for tracks to be done in. Just for the ease of getting the necessary information, and nothing more.

Now for technical aspects:

Rule 1:
The first and most important rule is the source of the video. It must be ripped from a DVD.This does not mean it has to be your DVD, it just has to be the source. I don't want downloaded footage in this video. It goes against the rules for the site, and the video quality will not be the best it can be. I want good quality segments. If I suspect your footage is downloaded then I will deny you from entering it.

Rule 2:
All segments must be encoded in Huffyuv v2.1.1. CCESP Patch v0.2.5 This is to ensure video quality is not being lost, and that we all have the same codec. I know some of you are on 56k. Don't worry about that. You can just mail me your segment. Just send me a PM when you finish and I'll give you my mailing address. Please note that you will pay postage on the item.

Rule 3:
Framerate for this video is to be 29.97fps. This is in case I decide to submit it into a con somewhere, and because 29.97fps is pretty universal for an editing program to handle. It makes things easier. But be sure to deinterlace your footage. Read the guides if you don't kow how to do this. :)

Rule 4:
Resolution will be 640 x 480. This means I would like you to edit in square pixels. You don't have to do this, but be sure to resize it to 640 x 480 before you send it to me. This will save a little bit on filesizes due to the smaller frame size. Also because I will be resizing to a slightly smaller resolution from this when I upload it.

Optional:
This is not something I'm requiring, but it would be nice if you do this. I would like you to filter your footage before you send it to me. It will save me some time and it will ensure the footage is the same quality, or really close. So if you have time to do this, please do.

That's about it for rules. I would like progress reports from you guys every two weeks or so as well. This is also not required, but appreciated.

Contact me on AIM or MSN if you have further questions. I can also be emailed at: blank_skater2000@hotmail.com

Only email me if I'm not on a chat program. Be sure to include Jesus of Suburbia MEV in the subject line or I might just delete it. :P

There are also no deadlines for this project as of yet. I can work around people and come up with one later. We'll just see how many people register, and how much time they need. I've read that some of you are in MEVs already.

I also will be hosting this on my webspace when it is finished. I don't have it now, but I will by the time this is done. So lets make this worth while people!
Last edited by Brolly345 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 11 times in total.

theocide
Org Profile

Post by theocide » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:31 am

Since I can't hear the track, can you describe it to me? :?

Really though, what's the genre? I really wanna do an MEV but, I'm kinda a picky little wiena about music. :( I'm on 56k so, I don't wanna spend >1 hour downloading a ten minute Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard medley.
Veldrin: I agree. Man this wedding was like having sex with theocide. Fast and makes you cry.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:13 am

The Mix (though it's really not a "mix"...this is the way the track is on the original album)

Name: Kusoyaro
Track: City of the Damned, Track 3 or 4
Anime: Akira
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:34 am

Name: Mr.Panda
Track: Dearly Beloved, Track 7
Anime: Undecided

Brolly345
Org Profile

Post by Brolly345 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:29 pm

You guys got your tracks. I'll update the first post as necessary to reflect any changes.

@ theocide: I would place Green Day under the catagory of punk music. But it's actually good. Unlike a lot of other punk music I've heard. It isn't emo, it's upbeat and fun. If anyone can do better than that feel free. :P

@ Kusoyaro: I guess this is you agreeing to let people get the mix from you. Thanks a lot for letting people get it from you. I'll host it myself when I get hosting within the next three weeks.

theocide
Org Profile

Post by theocide » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:37 pm

ah.
:dunce cap:
i had no idea it was Green Day.
Veldrin: I agree. Man this wedding was like having sex with theocide. Fast and makes you cry.

GreenT
Org Profile

Post by GreenT » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:14 pm

Name: Onimura
Track: Either 5 or 6
Anime: Excel Saga

I really wanted to use Excel Saga with the Dearly Beloved track, but Mr. Panda beat me to it. :cry: I blaim school. :evil:

theocide
Org Profile

Post by theocide » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:54 am

Decision made. RahXephon.

Brolly345
Org Profile

Post by Brolly345 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:57 pm

Come on now people! I know there were more people posting in the interest guage thread! :P
Last edited by Brolly345 on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

emopunk1
Org Profile

Post by emopunk1 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:25 pm

Name: Emopunk1
Track: Tales from Another Broken Home, Track 10
Anime: Evangelion
If you think you're right, you're probably wrong
If you think you're wrong, you're probably right

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”