Full Metal Alchemist ep. 1 & 2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
wolfwood1510
Org Profile

Full Metal Alchemist ep. 1 & 2

Post by wolfwood1510 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:25 pm

Seeing as how I'm a new member i don't know if this has been answered, i have only seen the first four episodes of FMA so if this is reveled later in the seris it's ok to give spoilers. In the first and second episodes the preacher uses what he thinks is the sorcerers stone but it turns out that it isn't so how can he use such powerful alchemy with out using alchemy circles? As i say again i'm a new member so i don't know if this has been answered yet. :)

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:50 pm

Wait for the next disc, it'll show the first time Ed does it... It's more of an ability he came by. It seems to come from chance, luck, or phenominal talent right now.

As for the Preist, the philosophers stone acts as the circle. It is a replacement/tool that greatly increases his abilities. Later, they find out that these philosopher's stones can allow non-alchemists to use alchemy, as long as the person uses a certain tool.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:30 am

How I understood it was that even though the stone that Father Cornello was using wasn't really the Philosopher's Stone, it did still have some power. So even though he didn't have the genuine article, he was still able to perform "miracles". Later in the series you learn more about these pseudo-Philosopher's Stones.
:ying:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”