general DDR Project discussion

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
jamester22
Org Profile

general DDR Project discussion

Post by jamester22 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:38 pm

This thread is for any thoughts regarding the DDR Project. When was the first time you saw it? What was your favorite segment? etc,

For me, it's the best fan created anime project I've ever seen. Not just favorite AMV project, but best anime-related project period. I experienced it for the first time at AWA10 when I saw DDR Project 4. Later I downloaded DDR Project 4 from a link in this forum and watched about 20 times. Later I found out that one of my friends had the DVDs for DDR Projects 1, 2 and 3 and he loaned them to me. IMO:

4 > 3> 1 > 2.

My favorite segment is either B4U from DDR Project 3 or Enter the Dragon from DDR Project 4.

I'd also really like to hear from people who contributed to the projects because I really really enjoyed these and would like to hear the inside "scoop" on it all.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:52 pm

I like 4 > 2 > 3 > 1

On 4 I liked Enter the Dragon and Petit Love

On 2 I liked Little Bitch and AM3P

I don't remember what I liked on 3 or 1

The best part of DDR was that it helped inspire the NES Project and it's sequels. 8-)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

time_trapper
Org Profile

Post by time_trapper » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:14 am

I wish I could see the Disney DDR Project. Might be nice to see how it stacks up to the other four DDR projects.

raikuu
Org Profile

Post by raikuu » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:12 am

wtf??? Disney DDR!!!??? Blasphemy!!!
yes, they... call me... EMO CAT-BOY...
And i'm sooo confused...

jaywrs
Org Profile

where can I find the DDR project 4

Post by jaywrs » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:39 am

Hello, I'm going nuts trying to find ddr project 4
can anyone out there give me any leads.
Thanks

Brakus
Org Profile

Re: general DDR Project discussion

Post by Brakus » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:19 am

jamester22 wrote:This thread is for any thoughts regarding the DDR Project. When was the first time you saw it? What was your favorite segment? etc,
All of them were excellent, but the best was DDR4 (5th Mix).

It is sad that there will not be another DDR project for the time being, especially since I wanted so bad to be on the 5th Mix project, and I had people telling me, "Oh, don't worry, there'll be another project next year".... a lot of good that did me when it was announced that the 5th Mix project would be the last one for the time being..... sigh....
My favorite segment is either B4U from DDR Project 3

(Grumble, but there's no dancing robots like it should be, grumble....)

There's only two nonstop megamixes that will lend themselves to good project at this point: the DDR MAX nonstop megamix and the DDR Solo 2000 nonstop megamix. (MAX2 and Extreme's megamixes both suck beyond belief.) Whether they'll ever be made into AMV projects is yet to be seen.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:32 am

As someone who worked on DDR3 and DDR4, and loves DDR and DDR music, I pushed for the group to make a new project using DDRMAX's megamix, but the general concensus was "Let it die, it was fun while it lasted, but it's a big hassle for those who are running it."

I'd still love to work on DDRMAX, but it seems like a lot of the editors/heads that originally worked on it got sick of it. Mostly, got sick of late vids, vid encode problems, deadlines, and other such things.

I don't see a DDRMAX Project anytime soon, if at all... but if someone organizes it, I'd be interested in helping.. but honestly, a lot of folks out there are satisfied with the current 4 projects.

As for my project preference, it goes 3 > 4 > 2 > 1

4 just seemed kind of bland a lot of the time to me, and honestly, I saw a lot of repeat stuff from 3 rearing it's head in 4. Originality was at an all-time low for a lot of the videos in that one, though there were some VERY original vids in it, as well as some awesome effects and ideas.

(I also think my track in 3 was way better than my trak in 4. Falling cabbit transition > all )
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:07 pm

I think the opening in DDR4 sucked hard. Then again, I might be biased.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:47 pm

trythil wrote:I think the opening in DDR4 sucked hard. Then again, I might be biased.
no, it really sucked :P

Vlad

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Ok, there's something in the DDR Project 4 that bugged me, I know Gaijin Factory did that Air segment for the Moonlight Shadow song, but why did the end credits include Zarxrax's and OmniStrata's names for that particular track? Don't tell me they're actually part of Gaijin?! :shock:
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”