More COMMERCIALS

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
rurouni_trelane
Org Profile

More COMMERCIALS

Post by rurouni_trelane » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:45 am

In a brainstorm yesterday, I came up with my second video to send in to AnimeIowa's contest this year: a TV commercial. And it got me thinking how many commercials could really be done to anime. The Trigun - Taco Bell AMV was hilarious! There need to be more anime commercials!!!
I believe in equality of the sexes and all, but hey, I likes boobs.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:04 am

:/

Unfortunately because of our cultural differences I rarely understand any commercial parodies (unless they are international commercials like MasterCard and Budweiser).

Heck, if it wasn't for movies I wouldn't know what Taco Bell was.... let alone Oscar Meyer Weiners.

But, yeah, I don't see why there aren't more of them. There's not enough comedy these days, really. The amv makers need to chill out and take a commercial break :P

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:35 am

I've been recently thinking about this myself and actually I wondered if I should maybe capture a movie and put comercials in it like inbetween slots. Like have the movie Akira captured onto the computer and then edited so that Doki Doki's MasterCard commercial pops up at one part and makes you giggle along with a few other comercials and possibly an a-m-v.org bumper.
Then it would go back to the movie and ten minutes later more commercials would pop up.
Shwocasing the talents of AMV creators and a-m-v.org to a bunch of Downloading hungry otaku's.
I don't know if I should do it but I always liked the idea since it would get more Otakus to come to the site and it would also spread the word on AMV creating in general.
(I could even put those trailers that YCSTR makes like "Kiss of the Bebop" in the opening credits)
Always a giggly subject.
I dunno if I should do it and of course I'd have to ask the creators pemission first but you know. Its a possibility.

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:33 pm

I guess no one else likes my idea ^_^

merrow
Org Profile

Post by merrow » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:17 pm

I think it sounds funny, my main question is when it would be used. During a showing at an anime con or something like that? Actually, putting fake 'trailers' in front of screenings at cons would be really neat, but would probably be roadblocked at offical-type showings like the bebop movie for legal reasons.

Back to the funny commercial idea, I have for a long time wanted to make comedy vid from a personal injury lawyer commercial that broadcasts in my area. The lawyer calls himself "Jim 'THE HAMMER' Shapiro" and his tagline is "I may be an S.O.B, but I'm YOUR S.O.B!" He gives this whole pitch about how he can get you lots of money for your case. In the background they flash all the different kinds of personal injuries you can have. Terms like "LOST LIMBS!", "FIRE SCARS!", "WRONGFUL DEATH!", "BIRTHING ACCIDENTS!" flash by in the background as a huge hammer comes to smash them down. He actually has a website http://www.shapiroshapiro.com/site/home.htm (check out the excerpts from his book "Sue the Bastards!").

Shortly after I started making music videos I saw one of his commercials I thought, "damn that would make a great comedy vid." Of course as soon as I thought that the commercial dissapeared from the face of the earth. I suppose a "fake" personal injury lawyer would work almost as well, but the phrasing in that commerical was just so perfectly mockable. Surely he can't be the only one?

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:36 pm

I see his commercial after my grandma watches Judge Judy, I think he's in kahoots with her. Mayeb she's his sex slave or something... :? :x

Anyways, have you tried looking for it on KaZaA, you'd be surprised what kinda crap they put on there. I saw a deodarant commercial on there. I have no clue why..it was just..there.... :roll:

Return to “General AMV”