Project AMVE (anime music video editor)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
diabloman25
Org Profile

Project AMVE (anime music video editor)

Post by diabloman25 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:06 pm

Hi all:
t me Matthew Crumb,
The call has bin made for all experianced programmers, artists, web page designers, and codec coders interesterested in making THE FIRST anime music video editor, basicaly a movie/ audio editor built around AMV and the AMV subculture. Please email me with more questions or to sign up at matthew_crumb@yahoo.com

ps. all workers wil get a split of %50 of all net revanues, and name(s) on the product

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:18 pm

W.... tf?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:24 pm

And how will the proposed editor be any more specialized for AMV creation than the editing programs that already exist?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:31 pm

It could work.

The best features would be "Randomized Destination Variable Polygons" to make that insta-Euphoria so many people spend sleepless nights to make; auto-beat-sync based on image brightness full-blown phonological-analysis-based real-time lip sync; and Dancing Vash. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

bum
Org Profile

Re: Project AMVE (anime music video editor)

Post by bum » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:39 pm

diabloman25 wrote:ps. all workers wil get a split of %50 of all net revanues, and name(s) on the product
Revenue? AMV's are things people spend hours of time on and then release for free. Making money from it is totoaly out of the question. This hoby of ours is also illegal remember. Making an "amv program" then charging people for it wouldnt sound good, if you get what I mean. Finaly, the programs we currently have are perfectly suited for making amv's anyway. If you want to do this, best to find a decent open source editor from sourceforge.net and modify it to somehow suite amv's, in ways it doesnt allready.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:36 pm

I'll join if I get 100% of the revenue. 8-)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:11 am

wow, hes trying to make a robot to take away my hobby.
Geez I thought souless videos where bad now, I can't wait
till there fully computerized. Then we'll get to see 9000 brand new
naruto videos that look like they where cookie cut out of
a machine with slighty different settings. In other words, I
don't think this Idea of yours is going to fly :)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:30 am

Whoa whoa, no one ever said anything about automating the editing process itself.

That's what Windows Movie Maker 2's AutoMovie feature is for. :P
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Re: Project AMVE (anime music video editor)

Post by WilLoW :--) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:42 pm

bum wrote: Making an "amv program" then charging people for it wouldnt sound good, if you get what I mean.
I disagree. I think I'd be ready to pay to get an application that has more "amv oriented" features than Premiere. This thread is an opportunity to suggest features rather than bash someone who's bringing an idea (not that I agree with everything he's said, see below)
Plus the fact that it'd be programmed by fans would obviously make it cheaper than other applications.

Also, if you think programmers are not allowed to earn money from their work, then how do you want them to live ?
Making AMVs is for fun, but making a program that helps people creating AMVs is a service, it takes time and hard work, and the decision to make it a commercial application is up to its programmers :roll:

(Your idea of using an existing open source editor sounds good, in order not to re-create the wheel. But remember that commercial applications can be created from open source projects)
ps. all workers wil get a split of %50 of all net revanues, and name(s) on the product
Hum, and where do the other 50% go ? :?

I'm kinda interested, but I need to know more, could you post more info please ? (Programming languages involved, etc...)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:58 pm

The way he just asks for programmers and such to sign up seems like hes just some random guy that doesnt know what hes doing, hoping on the offchance that he might find some people to write a very complex piece of software from him, and then profit from it.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”