2005 VCA Results

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:05 am

Hehe congrats to all the winners, pretty much who I thought would win won in most categories, though I don't agree with a few of them, but thats just my opinion ;p

As for Evabeepop, I agree that maybe it wasn't best choice for instrumental, but it IS an instrumental, so it DOES fit the cateogry. I just think that there were a few other vids that I owuldve liked to see get an award for this category instead. (I voted for Wasteland, since I think that video deserves an award somewhere) I'm glad Eva Beepop won best Parody of which I voted it on though :)

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:46 am

"A rainy day. A broken engagement. Shounen Bushido."

THINGS THAT DISCOURAGE ME.

(Yes! You win $10,000!)

Am I not surprised that the fact that "Shounen Bushido" winning AMV of the Year for the 2005 VCAs discourages me as an AMV editor that generally dislikes using all kinds of special effects in my video?

*sigh*

I could sure use $10,000 right now to make me get over my discouragement..... that, or some ice cream.

[p.s. I'm sorry I didn't see the forum thread for this before.]
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:06 am

*looks at the Video of the Year finalists*

You would have preferred AEO:EB, AMV Hell, Toushi, or Whisper of the Beast? :?

I still hold that, if you make a good video and give it some publicity, people WILL take notice, even if it's not effectsy.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:27 pm

Are all the winners suppose to recieve something in the mail or just the big winners like video of the year

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:57 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:Are all the winners suppose to recieve something in the mail or just the big winners like video of the year
last year there were enough prizes to go around several time... we all got at least two or three items ranging from expensive to cheap... this year looked like there weren't a whole lot of prizes so i don't know whats gona happen.

Pwolf

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:26 pm

Pwolf wrote:
RolltheStampede wrote:Are all the winners suppose to recieve something in the mail or just the big winners like video of the year
last year there were enough prizes to go around several time... we all got at least two or three items ranging from expensive to cheap... this year looked like there weren't a whole lot of prizes so i don't know whats gona happen.

Pwolf
Hey maybe I shouldn't ask this, but have you opened your editing or DVD creation software yet? Mine is still untouched. Sorry Phade : /. I'll get to it someday...
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:38 pm

dwchang wrote:Hey maybe I shouldn't ask this, but have you opened your editing or DVD creation software yet? Mine is still untouched. Sorry Phade : /. I'll get to it someday...
Thanks for reminding me of the one thing I had hoped for the most last year but was already gone by the time I got to choose. : /

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:43 pm

Corran wrote:
dwchang wrote:Hey maybe I shouldn't ask this, but have you opened your editing or DVD creation software yet? Mine is still untouched. Sorry Phade : /. I'll get to it someday...
Thanks for reminding me of the one thing I had hoped for the most last year but was already gone by the time I got to choose. : /
ditto :/

Pwolf

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:45 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Corran wrote:
ditto :/

Pwolf
Err...perhaps we can make a shady deal? >_>

Actually I imagine Phade wouldn't be pleased with that so sorry guys : /.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:40 pm

Wouldn't be pleased? Why would he care what you do with your prizes?

Return to “Site Announcements”