Logo Final Voting Begins

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:05 pm

Malificus wrote:I'm voting for the one that can actually be used in banners without saying animemusicvideos.org at the bottom.
I imagine that if we select a banner which has tiny text at the bottom unsuitable for use in banners, we'll either get a version with large text, or allow the text to be omitted.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:28 am

derobert wrote:
Malificus wrote:I'm voting for the one that can actually be used in banners without saying animemusicvideos.org at the bottom.
I imagine that if we select a banner which has tiny text at the bottom unsuitable for use in banners, we'll either get a version with large text, or allow the text to be omitted.
Thank you, I was wondering when someone would answer my question from, like, the third post. :)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Quiet Cannon
Org Profile

Post by Quiet Cannon » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:50 am

Scintilla wrote: Thank you, I was wondering when someone would answer my question from, like, the third post. :)
Your comment was not in the form of a question.

Anyway, back to the topic. I wouldn't mean to insult any of the new logos or say that any are bad, but I much prefer the current logo, and if given the option to re-elect it, I'd take it.
Final Doom "Amazing things will happen here soon."

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Substance "Everyone knows that it's a dangerous substance."

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:22 am

I kind of like a couple of the new logos...

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:44 am

bum wrote:It's like people who have one avatar and allways have that avatar, never changing it, making it a part of them.
I agree, but your not the founder of the org. logo. If they want to take it off the counter and put it on the shelf to replace it with a new one, I'm cool with that.

I like this one a lot.
[img removed]

If the text on the bottom was taken out, I'd like it a bunch more! I think a lot of banners would look cool with this one!

[Phade: Pimping specific logos is not encouraged.]

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:06 pm

bum wrote:It's like people who have one avatar and allways have that avatar, never changing it, making it a part of them. Kinda like my flies scewing avatar. I had it for ages, then I changed it and I got more than a few people comenting on the change, and then telling me to change back.
True, there are a bunch of avatars that I miss a lot, but with anything, the decision all goes to the owner. Sometimes I feel that the avatar I'm using grows stale, which is why I change it every once in a while. Same goes with the logos, the current one is nice, but I'm going to get tired of it one of these days, as I'm sure the mods and whoever else probably has already. And since it's plastered on more banners than I can care to count, it's always going to represent the site, just not on any of the new stuff. Besides, there are times when we get to see the orange oval logo and the eye ball 8th note once in a while.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:38 pm

Actually, I agree with x_rex30, as long as the text isn't neccecary, I'm voting for that, It'll look good on banners.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:24 pm

derobert wrote:I imagine that if we select a banner which has tiny text at the bottom unsuitable for use in banners, we'll either get a version with large text, or allow the text to be omitted.
Couldn't we use this as a small test on banners? Provide the logo with no text and in the rules require that the sites url must be on the banner. Anyone who can't figure how to do that failed to clear this basic IQ test and gets their banner rejected. Probably do a lot to help the average quality of banner submissions actually.

Sorry, sorry. I know, the idea is too negative. Forget I said anything.

Return to “Site Announcements”