A VCA Partial Disqualification

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:21 am

Yes, you are correct. However you *can* know when someone has released videos publically and this is what has happened here.

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:43 am

I know. I was just trying to say that, to me, the Best First Video category seems problematic since there's obviously no way to go around and check people's hard drives to see whether or not they've created AMVs in the past that they never uploaded. For all we know, any AMV creator's "first" video might not really be their first. Because of this possibility, you can potentially have much more skilled creators going up against true first-timers, and such a thing would interfere with the spirit and purpose of the category.
Time makes all things possible. I can wait.

Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:45 am

That's why the award treats videos that are "the first made public," (as noted in the discription) and not first ever made.

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:22 pm

Ah, I didn't notice before that each category had a description posted on the website. Thank you for correcting me on that.
Time makes all things possible. I can wait.

erasable
Org Profile

question

Post by erasable » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:56 pm

Hi,

I read through the posts and I wanted to clarify:
1. The video was disqualified because the studio/group had posted a video before?
2. Does "the first made public" mean release on their website? upload to AMV? Or either could count as release to the public?

Thanks!

--erasable

Shinteetah
Org Profile

can we vote?

Post by Shinteetah » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:01 pm

Okay, this might sound silly to some, but there are some AMV fans who have other obligations in life too :-) and I don't know that I'll be able to watch all the categories' entries before voting. But I don't want to miss supporting some great videos because I was trying to cram the rest in before the deadline....

If I cast a vote in *some* categories now, will I be able to vote in the others later? Or will my access to the voting page be denied once I have submitted a vote?

Thanks!

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:02 pm

You can give new (or change) votes as long as the deadline hasn't passed.

Return to “Site Announcements”