A VCA Partial Disqualification

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:58 am

Which of your videos did it say there's a problem with?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:48 am

............for some reason, I always thought that ScorpionsUtld had other videos created before. It's near impossible to make your first AMV kick ass like that.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:52 am

Well, the point here would be that ScorpionsUltd should be treated as a project/studio account (like Animix or something, just smaller) rather than an individual creator account - which is something most people were/are apparently unaware of...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:57 am

Otohiko wrote:Which of your videos did it say there's a problem with?
Hard Knock Anime : "Unkown Artist Kannon D-dur"

This is the entry that needed fixing.

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:40 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Hard Knock Anime : "Unkown Artist Kannon D-dur"
Haven't watched the AMV to check, but is that Pachebell's (sp?) Canon in D minor?
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:12 pm

Pachabel

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:33 pm

Pachelbel. Though not remembering the video that well from Otakon 2003, I don't know whether that's actually the same Canon in D we're talking about.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:46 pm

Pachelbel?
See, I honestly have no clue who did it. Every time I google the thing it's in Japanese... and even the CD case is in kanji (it's from the import "EVA: Day of Second Impact" CD). Plus it's spelled "Kanon D-Der" on that.

ARG!!!

*15 minutes later*
Ok, I did some checking on this Johann Pachelbel person and even listened to a few different versions and I'm convinced it's his song.
So we'll use that. There sent request....

P.S. I wish I would have known who it was 2 years ago...
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:46 am

The Eva soundtrack uses the famous classical piece (as well as a few others, like Air), but the S2 Works and other track listings don't have the information correct on the composer.

Kannon in D-dur is the original title, technically speaking, but the composer's work is famous and oft reproduced (it's a favourite movie soundtrack addition, too), so it has found fame under the English translation, Pachelbel's Canon (or Canon and Gigue, and there are a couple of keys it's played in, in a variety of instruments).
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:19 am

Rurounikeitaro wrote:............for some reason, I always thought that ScorpionsUtld had other videos created before. It's near impossible to make your first AMV kick ass like that.
Hello. I'm a newcomer to the org forums.

While reading this thread, it occurred to me that one can't ever know whether or not a person has created videos before his or her "first" video. That's because any member could create several videos that they never upload to the org and never enter into any AMV contests. In fact, a smart thing for a beginning AMV editor to do would be to create a few videos, have family and friends comment on them, take some time to hone their artistic and editing skills, and then create and upload their big "first" video.
Time makes all things possible. I can wait.

Return to “Site Announcements”