Instrumental Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Instrumental Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:54 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that use music without any lyrics and create meaning without the assistance of words.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

keeso
Org Profile

Post by keeso » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:51 am

This is my favorite instrumental amv:

And this one is cool also:

8-)

-keeso-

JohnnyBGoode
Org Profile

Post by JohnnyBGoode » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:07 pm

This is one of my favorite videos, thats made by mr makaveli. It's like a dream that kaoru's in and it's very nicely done.

twotengoten
Org Profile

Post by twotengoten » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:01 pm

I like this video because it's almost cathargic. It is to DBZ, and shows only the history of the Saiyans. It starts off about the Saiyans rising to power, then it goes into how Freiza took over. It then leads into Bardock and his struggles against Freiza, and shows young Vegeta bowing to Freiza. It then moves on to Vegeta as an adult bowing to Freiza, and finally shows the fights that take place on namek, and how Vegeta dies, earning his true freedom from the tyranny of Freiza.

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:59 am

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:54 am

Never have I seen such emotional extremes combined in a single video. Romance and Horror and Sentimental combined into one powerful experience. The quality is amazing: the first half is perhaps my favorite romance of all time, the second half is among the darker videos I have ever seen. This video packs a punch.

True impressionisim in an AMV. This video is almost trance inducing in it's flowing calmness. A soft visual for one of the world's greatest piano peices, Clair de Lune. Slow and melodic (apart from the amazing piano runs) this video is simply beautiful. Again, a truly artistic video, this defies genre in favor of pure expression.

I just realized that all three of these videos are in the Instrumentality: Animasia collection. Though I guess it comes as no suprise considering the nature of that project.

justxman645
Org Profile

Post by justxman645 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:38 pm

I like this video:

It's Broly to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra song. It's awesome in my opinion, as it tells the entire movie 8 Story very well. It also has tremendous timing.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:25 pm

This is a beautiful combination of Sailor Moon and Nightwish. Great effects are used for the right scenes at the right time, and it's really fast-paced & full of "eye-candy". It actually makes me want to watch the movies again - and considering I don't care a great deal for Sailor Moon, that says a lot.

Although this video uses a lot of the common scenes from Hellsing, it's probably one of the best ones out there. The effects/timing/quality are excellent, and the song itself (Pompeii, by E.S. Posthumus) is very intriguing. Again, I'm not much of a Hellsing fan, but I'm sure those who are will enjoy it even more.

SailorPisces28
Org Profile

Post by SailorPisces28 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:28 am

I like the way the story is told and how characters move with the music. It's one of my favorites and I hope you enjoy it. You might need to read the summary in order to understand the amv better but not really.
My First AMV: I'm Alive

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:12 am

I thought I'd start offering some of what I think are really great videos, starting with this one:

Using the Magnetic Rose story from the Memories anime anthology, this video presents a very catchy, techno-savy atmosphere that tells the story of the film. Very little effects are used except for some subtle white screen transitions, and instead relies on very tight, precise editing with creative timing.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”