Videos Using Neon Genesis Evangelion

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Videos Using Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:12 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarliy use the show Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

LCY84
Org Profile

Post by LCY84 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:54 am

Fire!! by Jebadia and The soulf of an angel by ermac . I love these two videos for their perfect sync all over the amv and for their originality.
The soulf of an angel was the first video using differents transparencies and non moving sequences (images of NGE).
Fire!! is a perfect example of musical synch and is so psychedelik.

I also really like Damadged rei mix by koop because it uses eye candy effect very well and describe perfectly the character of rei and her weird relationship with gendo.

But I think the best realisation in NGE's amv is beowulf's Hail to the thief. This amv is a perfect example of what i call art work; the anime fits the song perfectly, there isn't useless effect and the scene selection is excellent !

Hey, that's hard to find the best because there's a lot of damn good eva's vid out there but i think these 4 amvs are the best with this anime.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MosinNagant
Org Profile

Post by MosinNagant » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:50 pm

I first became interested in AMVs about six months ago after seeing Kevin Caldwell's Engel (Ramstein: Engel)

I feel that this video is the definitive Asuka AMV. Its great scene selection along with the fine lip synch work make it very good technically. However, where this video really stands out is in concept. Synching Asuka with the lead lyrics while synching the voice of the angels (chorus) with the "weaker" characters (esp. Shinji) was ingenious.

There are two scenes in this AMV that really stand out to me: the railing scene (the whisper) and the sub-screen yell at Shinji. Both of these scenes synched the lyrics perfectly. I cannot watch those scenes in EVA or listen to those lyrics in Engel without thinking of this AMV. That is a testament to the brilliance of this video.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:45 am

I think this is probably the best Eva drama video I've ever seen. The editing is just fantastic. I found it during last year's VCAs and I still get chills and tears from watching it, a year later. The mood synch is absolutely perfect, IMO.

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:19 pm

Probably one of the more underlooked vids IMO, but hands down, it's one of the best Eva vids I've ever seen. The mood of the song, the editing, use of effects all work together to make this a great vid.

(currently Tash needs to upgrade his links cause they're down)
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:32 pm

This video is definitely a classic, and it's still one of my favourite Evangelion videos. It has some good timing, excellent scene selection, and it's a very dramatic video.

There are some excellent effects in this video. It was very creative and had some very nice editing.
Evangelion Opus[/url]
This video has a very interesting mix of humour and drama. It looks like a lot of effort was put into this video... another classic.

Definitely one of the better Linkin Park videos on the site. The scene selections were good, it was well-synched, and it was dramatic.

Because... well... it's Eva Bebop. It has a crazy amount of effort put into it, and the idea was pulled off extremely well.
ImageImage

RedFusionX
Warning: Attitude!
Org Profile

Post by RedFusionX » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:51 pm

I would have to go with Voice by Metro. One, it is one of my favorites, and two, Metro is one of my best friends and I know what went into making this video. One of a very few Misato tributes. I highly recommend this to anyone.

My other favorite is A Tribute to Asuka and Shinji. I love the original version of this video, because it is one of the first AMVs I saw, and it is the reason I wanted to see Eva and why Asuka became my favorite character. Though the version 2 is the only one I can find, the original had segments showing the band Vertical Horizon, and the whole AMV was made like a traditional music video.
Last edited by RedFusionX on Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've spent the last ten years of my life defending my country, I've sacrificed for it, fought for it, and bled for it, now it's time I got something back, so please just respect me and my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines as we continue to do this job."
Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because brave men stand willing to do violence on their behalf

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:14 pm

Xnod's Around... Revisited is a fabulous action-based EVA vid. However, it doesn't realy have anything going for it outside of the adrenaline-rushing action, so only get it if that's what you're looking for. For Drama EVA fans, I'd recommend Nailz's classic Battle of the Mind: Can I be?. And finally, for instrumental fans, there's Flint's What Romance Entails...

All good stuff :up:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:40 pm

I'd like to suggest a recent find,

Maybe not the best video ever or even too close, you could easily pick it apart. But just the scene selection and the simple way it meshes with the music (Asuka - Avril Lavigne YES! ;p lol no, it's not punk, try it) it's easy to see why I'd consider it the best Asuka character profile since Engle!

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:35 am

Yes, I know that Linkin Park is overused right alongside Evangelion, but this video hits hard in terms of both effects (particularly for its time) and story. It is a very deep video, and is required viewing for all. I may be adding more to this list later.

This AMV takes the story of Evangelion, and then throws it out the window and pits the three pilots against one another in fierce battle to the death, all set to old school power metal. There's a bit of scene repeating, but it's used in an effective enough way to keep it from being horribly annoying.
Last edited by Tono_Fyr on Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”