MADs and Japanese-made Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

MADs and Japanese-made Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:52 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that are either made by Japanese amv creators or are in the style of Japanese MADs.

MADs are amvs made in japan and are generally categorised as either Douga MADs (animation MADs) or Seisiga (Still Pictures MADs). The latter being the one most people associate with the term "MADs"

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

LCY84
Org Profile

Post by LCY84 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:36 am

My preference :

I love this one especially for the perfect use of the 3d camera and nicely done effect which seems to be like an anime, ie we couldn't recognize what is original effect or effect made by the creator if it would be an anime and not a video game.
Watch it and you'll see by yourself ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:50 am

I've really only seen one MAD to date (although I may have seen others and been unaware of the fact that they were Japanese-made), but I absoluely love it.

It's a very upbeat and fun video. Also, the effects are simply amazing. Plus, it features the most seamless use of game stills that I've ever seen incorporated into a largely anime video. A very polished and enjoyable video.

Sonydjsnmix
Org Profile

Believe

Post by Sonydjsnmix » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:51 pm

VicBond007's Believe using Kanon PC. I fell in love with during Otakon 2004.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:55 am

Considering only a few exist on the org yet, but my favorite so far has to be Cyuson's Slver Dream
C'mon guys I know you've not seen it! I'm the only one that's op'ed it.

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:58 am

Here's a very good video that just got posted recently:

The editor is Japanese so they don't speak very good english, and understandibly have not posted any summary (so please keep that in mind if you choose to review). This video, obviously, uses the anime movie You're Under Arrest and aptly titles it so. However the editing is very ... well ... "Japanese". It's done strictly in that familiar MAD style of editing we are familiar with seeing and takes full advantage of the moving pictures (as opposed to animating still images in traditional MADs).

There's a lot a neat effects but nothing seriously "over emphasized"and everything flows nicely at a brisk pace. This is quite posibly the best You're Under Arrest: The Movie video I've seen.
Last edited by rubyeye on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:26 pm

Pianos has made a lot of good videos, but this one was my favourite of his. The effects are MAD-style, but it uses anime instead of still pictures (which makes the vid a lot more interesting, imo). The timing and effects are awesome, and the video has a lot of energy. I love this video.
ImageImage

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:46 am

Here's another douga MAD creator, Chack'n

The song sounds VERY campy like it's from one of those old 70s anime series, but the pacing is actually pretty good. The video is rather simplistic though so don't expect retro-looking effects. :P
ImageImage

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:57 pm

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

It's great fun trying to identify all the anime and games that make up this MAD/AMV!
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:02 pm

Last edited by Flame-X on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”