Ps2 Game Footage

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Toxie_punk
Org Profile

Post by Toxie_punk » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:26 pm

Before I had to reset my computer I had a program that would directly rip the movie scenes from video games but I can't remember the name of the program. Does anyone know the name of a program which does that? I know theres other ways of doing that but making a vid consumes enough time without having to make a recording of playing the video game until you get to the part you need.

Cole
Org Profile

Post by Cole » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:14 am

The only one I ever knew of was PSXVideo, but that only works on PSone discs, and not all of them.

windy78
Org Profile

Post by windy78 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:17 am

i'm just curious, why is FFX scenes so hard to capture?

gothicknight
Org Profile

Post by gothicknight » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:01 pm

I too cant seem to find anything to help rip my video game movie clips, I found one but all it will do is rip FF8 and 9 I want one to do 10 10-2 7 and possibly Kingdom hearts. Can anyone think of something they havent listed yet?

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:24 pm

My friend wrote an article *specifically* for getting PS2 footage. I'm trying my best to find it. I'll let you know how it goes once I actually get there.

I will post a copy as soon as I can get it. The site he had it hosted on isn't working (go figure) so yeah :/

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:27 pm

gothicknight wrote:I too cant seem to find anything to help rip my video game movie clips, I found one but all it will do is rip FF8 and 9 I want one to do 10 10-2 7 and possibly Kingdom hearts. Can anyone think of something they havent listed yet?
Ripping FFX Footage:
Use FFX2MOV, as BushidoPhilospher mentioned in the post earlier. (Waaaay earlier back in 2003.)

Ripping FFX-2 footage:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=28242
Read Castor's post.
There is also a FFX-2 ripping tool called FFX-2_tool that you may want to try, but I have yet to have tried this personally.

KH ripping was not succesful for me using the same method as FFX-2(in my own experience, you may want to try it, however). But, on the Project-Fao page, there is a KH(Final Mix) move ripping tool, KHFM2mov, that you may want to try out, although again, I have not yet tested it.
Also note that KH ripping will only rip the intro movie, as Disney's protection over the other movies are solid.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

gothicknight
Org Profile

Post by gothicknight » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:55 am

Thanks for the tips. But sadly all I could rip was FF 10. So I'll appreciate it alot if ppl can hel[p me out on ripping Kingdom Hearts, 10-2 and 7. Thanks

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:11 am

gothicknight wrote:Thanks for the tips. But sadly all I could rip was FF 10. So I'll appreciate it alot if ppl can hel[p me out on ripping Kingdom Hearts, 10-2 and 7. Thanks
You can rip FF7 by using various PS1 ripping utilities, such as PSXMC.

As for FFX-2, and KH, which methods did you use that did NOT work?
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

gothicknight
Org Profile

Post by gothicknight » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:02 am

the link you gave doesnt work
and as for the others ive used all of the ideas on this thread.

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:25 am

gothicknight wrote:the link you gave doesnt work
All of the links I gave out currently loads up fine for me.
and as for the others ive used all of the ideas on this thread.
That's a bit vague.

Please tell me the specific methods you have tried for FFX-2 and KH, and tell me why/how it did not work, and I will try to my best abilities to help you.
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”