VCA 2005 Begins

J.Alana
Org Profile

Post by J.Alana » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:02 pm

I just want to say that I wish the best of luck to everyone in this contest.

This is great contest and I am pleased to be included in it but more so, I just wish everyone the best of luck.

Good luck everyone ;)

Peace
J. Alana
J&P Productions/Sakura Zuka studios

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:39 am

Just a suggestion about the color coding... I have downloaded every video I nominated so no vids show as red to me. :|

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:41 am

Argh.... I didn't understand red meant "nominated this round". >_<

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:32 am

I just went through the list of nominations and all I can say is... WOW, its a madhouse! AMV Hell nominated for best artistic? Whisper of the beast as Best No-effects, EvaBebop for best simplicity... Vicbond's Believe for most original :lol:

I really think that someone ought to go through and remove the many videos that CLEARLY don't belong in the categories that they were nominated for. I think it would be a travesty if a video that clearly doesn't even fit the category description would go on to win in that category. It seems as if people are merely voting for their favorite videos, and not even paying attention to the category description. Also in categories such as best first video, there are a number that aren't really a creators first, and they don't make an effort to hide the fact.

On a seperate note, I wonder if "AMV Hell 2" could be removed from all nominations? I generally feel it to be one and the same with AMV Hell 1, and people may end up splitting their votes between them. More importantly though, if both videos happen to go to the final voting stage, it will take up a valuable extra slot, stopping another deserving vid from getting attention.

Although I understand if the nominations cannot be tampered with.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:43 am

Well, I can understand why Believe got voted Most Original since not many people has ever seen a MAD before.
ImageImage

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:18 am

I also noticed that three editors have been nominated for both Most Improved and Rookie of the Year. My understanding was that Most Improved refered to over the previous year, thus you can't be both a Rookie and Most Improved.

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:38 am

Some guy who I don't know (I swear) wrote:I also noticed that three editors have been nominated for both Most Improved and Rookie of the Year. My understanding was that Most Improved refered to over the previous year, thus you can't be both a Rookie and Most Improved.
:oops: No wait that's wrong, there's no mention of year in the description. It can apply to any editor who showed great improvement. My bad... I mean his, his bad. The guy I don't know.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I just went through the list of nominations and all I can say is... WOW, its a madhouse! AMV Hell nominated for best artistic? Whisper of the beast as Best No-effects, EvaBebop for best simplicity... Vicbond's Believe for most original :lol:
My personal favorite is AMV Hell 2 for best original. There are many words for sequels but 'original' isn't one of them.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:52 pm

godix wrote: My personal favorite is AMV Hell 2 for best original. There are many words for sequels but 'original' isn't one of them.
Haha, i didn't even notice that one :lol:
Some sequals can be original in their execution, though Hell 2 was just a rehash of the same damn formula from Hell 1 :p

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:39 pm

Zarxrax wrote:On a seperate note, I wonder if "AMV Hell 2" could be removed from all nominations? I generally feel it to be one and the same with AMV Hell 1,
Well, we just need to convince Phade to use either Condorcet/Cloneproof SSD or approval voting for the final results and that won't matter.

We should try and convince him next time we see him on AIM. Maybe we can even get him to visit http://www.electionmethods.org/. Approval voting would probably only requiring removing the "one vote per category" test.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Return to “Site Announcements”