Last Episode to Chrno Crusade... WTF!?! *SPOILERS*

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Bardiel13
Org Profile

Last Episode to Chrno Crusade... WTF!?! *SPOILERS*

Post by Bardiel13 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:47 pm

Umm, yeeeaaahhh... Did anyone else hate the ending with a passion?
For those of you who ignored the spoiler warning and haven't seen the last episode:
Rosette and Chrno die peacefully after Aion is killed. Joshua destorys his mind and is forever cursed with the mind of a sixth grader. Azmaria grows up to be a sexy nun. Fastfoward to 1981 (religion + 1981= UH OH!) Remington becomes a homeless bum wandering the streets of the Vatican, when suddenly he sees... OH MY GAWD, IT'S AION! Aion appearantly tries to assassinate the Pope. THE END. Soooo, Chrno and Rosette died for nothing? God didn't decide to spare the two as a reward for getting rid of Aion? What's up with that? The series rocked and then the characters that we've grown to love die just like that? WTF!?!
Be non-conformist! (Everyone's doing it!)
I guess Max Payne isn't much of a yaoi fan...
Kita1304 wrote: this is my topic and you shouldn't be cridisizing!

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:47 am

Yes, my best friend and I had a few issues with how it ended - which is why I plan on collecting the manga, as it is supposedly much better.

But, I may have to go through the series a second time to pick up things I may have missed. After all, we watched the last 13 episodes in one night ^^;

~Chrono~
Org Profile

Post by ~Chrono~ » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:55 pm

It's a VERY VERY GOOD ending. It's not something bad, they intended to show the other side of the coin. I cryed a lot when SPOILER: Chrno and Rosette died together. The moment Rosette tells him that she's is SO FUCKIN' AFRAID OF DYING... Oh god, that scene is one of the best I've ever seen. That shows how fragile the human minds are and that faith is too blind for them since God didn't do a thing to help them and it would be very ignorant to keep believing that after death, she would go to heaven to live peacefuly for eternity. After all, we build our paradise here on Earth interacting with others.
The real good stuff of this series are the final episodes. The first ones are a bit... too average, nothing amazing.
`Poor Rossette :cry:

Trunks_Blade
Org Profile

Post by Trunks_Blade » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:18 pm

The ending was deifnately unexpected, not to mention tragic!! :( Although it did leave closure to the series i did feel a little cheated at the end. Out of the four central characters 3 die... :shock:

What really got to me was the scene of Rossette's and Chrno's death. It wasn't in a "final battle to end all battles", or "fighting the good fight", they simply held each other, trying to comfort one another while they waited for their time...dying with the setting of the sun...

I mean the whole point of Rossette and Chrno being together was too get back Joshua so that all three of them could be back together...just as it was before.

In the end though Rossette and Chrono die, and while Joshua returns he remain as his 13 year-old self for the rest of his life. A boy who although has kept his childhood dreams, is unable to place names to the people (Rossette & Chrno) in his dreams. Even more unfortunate is that he cannot appreciate the sacrifice they have made for him.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:55 pm

Hmm, I don't think that the series could have really ended in many other ways. The main characters Chrono, and Rosette were set on this path from the beginning, the scene with her finally giving in to her fears was one of the most moving scenes that I've witnessed in a long time.

The underlying story is about good vs evil. The idea is to show that this one battle, while important is not the end of that conflict. While the show might have left open the idea that there might be more to come, it certainly wrapped up (albeit not joyfully) the cast of chracters.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Bardiel13
Org Profile

Post by Bardiel13 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:01 am

Still... that was one harsh ending... *sniff* :cry:
Be non-conformist! (Everyone's doing it!)
I guess Max Payne isn't much of a yaoi fan...
Kita1304 wrote: this is my topic and you shouldn't be cridisizing!

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:43 pm

The best part about the ending for me was Aion walking through the crowd at the end. It almost mocked everything that had happened to everyone, even more so for Remington who was pretty much a bum at the end.
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Killer_Girl
Org Profile

OMG

Post by Killer_Girl » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:39 pm

Yea i actually hated this ending i thought it was rather strange OMG IT GAVE ME A HEARTATTACK and oh well i suppose the manga is better.

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:05 pm

I dunno, I haven't seen the ending yet (decided to stop watching the series cuz a nun is supposed to be pure, not fanservicey :oops: ). But that sounds to me like a GOOD ending for the heroes. God DID reward them by allowing them a peaceful transition to Heaven. ^_^

But if it happened differently or sumfin then ignore me. :P

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:19 pm

_Ice-Angel_ wrote:I dunno, I haven't seen the ending yet (decided to stop watching the series cuz a nun is supposed to be pure, not fanservicey :oops: ). But that sounds to me like a GOOD ending for the heroes. God DID reward them by allowing them a peaceful transition to Heaven. ^_^

But if it happened differently or sumfin then ignore me. :P
She's not a nun.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”