Super Search Update

treefrog1188
Org Profile

Post by treefrog1188 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:24 pm

I thought about the minimum thing, too, but I also tried to find one by just entering the song. There were only like four results, and none of them were yu gi oh. :cry:

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:22 pm

Hey,

Yeah, it seems that the fulltext search splits all words on the hyphen no matter what. Even if you put the whole thing in quotes, it is still ignored. I'm working on a work-around...

Phade.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:19 am

I just noticed something while I was searching for Lostboy's Nemutai Yatsura. If I enter "urusei" as anime and "giants" as musical artist, I can find it. But if I then select Order by Star Average, I get nothing.

Zero~_Enna
Org Profile

Post by Zero~_Enna » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:38 am

I found a slight problem with the musical artist field, I was intetrsted to see if there were any other music videos by a band called SR-71, But when i searched, I recived no results, I know this is not ture because of this video http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=34358

Just thought i'd bring this up, Not sure if there are any other musical artist problems, But if i find any i'll be sure to bring them up..Thanks for your time..^^;;

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:35 am

Janzki wrote:I just noticed something while I was searching for Lostboy's Nemutai Yatsura. If I enter "urusei" as anime and "giants" as musical artist, I can find it. But if I then select Order by Star Average, I get nothing.
I can get it just fine. Are you sure that you haven't downloaded it before and if you have make sure that the option "Not Yet Downloaded Local" is unchecked before searching.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:48 am

Corran wrote:I can get it just fine. Are you sure that you haven't downloaded it before and if you have make sure that the option "Not Yet Downloaded Local" is unchecked before searching.
Whoops! You're right, I didn't notice that the search selects "Not Yet Downloaded Local" by default when I choose "Order by Star Average". :oops:

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:53 pm

Hey All,

The fix has been applied to help with shorter names, like Yu-gi-oh and SR-71. Those should work now. Keep me posted with possible bugs.

Phade.

treefrog1188
Org Profile

Post by treefrog1188 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:31 pm

Thanks a lot! :D

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:55 am

This has always been a pet peeve of mine, by why doesn't the search order itself by "Most possible result" instead of alphebetical order?

When I search for "SQ"(without the wuotes) in Member, I come up with everything that begins with SQ in alphebetical order, rather than "SQ" first and then stuff after it.

As a result, the stuff I want is on the fourth or so page, depending on what the "Sq-" people make and how much of it they enter. :cry:

Searching for "SQ" with the quotes yields nothing at all.

And how does the three letter minimum affect searching? I don't get it.
<-- Idiot
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:34 pm

Hey SQ,

It should be fixed now.

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”