New Logo Contest

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

New Logo Contest

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:37 am

Hey All,

The site missed the annual logo contest last year. This year shouldn't be the same. :-) Here are the preliminary rules. The official rules and deadlines will be available once the logo upload code is ready.

Code: Select all

1.  Logo entries cannot contain any copyrighted material or registered trademark. This means that the logo can not have a picture of your favorite anime character on it.
   2. The logo entry must be representative of the web site www.AnimeMusicVideos.org.
   3. One logo per logo entry. An entry with more than one logo on it will be rejected.
   4. Logo entries may not be animated.
   5. Logo entries may contain zero or more of the following phrases: "www.AnimeMusicVideos.org", "AnimeMusicVideos.org", "Anime Music Videos", "AMV", Japanese written language characters for the phrase "Anime Music Videos". Logo entries containing other words or phrases in any language will be rejected (such as "a-m-v.org").
   6. Each member may submit as many logo entries as they like.
   7. All logo submissions must contain two parts:
         1. A static image of the logo in JPEG format.
         2. The logo source material.
   8. All logo submissions become the property of AnimeMusicVideos.org.
   9. Logo entries should be unique. Duplicate or near-duplicate entries will be rejected.
  10. Each logo entry will be either approved or rejected by the staff of AnimeMusicVideos.org for compliance and participation in the contest. Any logo entry that does not meet all contest requirement will be rejected.
  11. After the logo submission date has expired, all qualifying entries will be put on display.
  12. There will be a round of logo nominations. Logo submissions will not be accepted once the nomination process has started.
  13. Each member of AnimeMusicVideos.org may nominate a maximum of 5 of the submitted logos.
  14. After the nominations are complete, the 5 logos receiving the most nominations will be entered into the final round of voting.
  15. Each member of AnimeMusicVideos.org may vote for one of the five logo finalists.
  16. The logo that receives the most votes during the final round of voting wins and becomes the official logo of AnimeMusicVideos.org for 2005.
  17. Dates and Deadlines: TBD
  18. All deadlines and rules are subject to change at any time without notice.
HINTS:

* If you submit multiple logos, make sure that they are different logo designs. Submitting entries with only different colors or only slight variations will be rejected. Color variations and such can be adjusted later to match the site design, occasion, whatever.
* Whenever possible, use vector art. Vector art scales much better than raster and makes a smaller source file.
* If you don't use vector art, make the original as high resolution as practically possible. If you win, a nice high res copy of the logo will look alot better when used in places other than just the web site (such as on T-shirts and such).
* Using 3D modeling software to create logos is greatly discouraged. Resulting logos are generally difficult to use for many practicle purposes.

Good luck and have fun!!

Phade.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: New Logo Contest

Post by Scintilla » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:52 am

Phade wrote:Logo entries containing other words or phrases in any language will be rejected (such as "a-m-v.org").
What, even though http://www.a-m-v.org is a perfectly good alias? :P

Just messin'...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:28 pm

/Shakes fist angrily at Derobert :P

fluffnight
Org Profile

Good luck to ya'll

Post by fluffnight » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:06 am

Well, I'll give everyone a great good luck to all the condenders...or something. Infact, I might try out myself! Ha ha ha ha! Who am I kidding, I suck, and I ain't got no ideas either. But good luck to everyone anyways!
Fluffnight

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Logo contest

Post by BunofGovt » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:33 am

I'm a little fuzzy on logos. Is the "AMV over the film strip above AnimeMusicVideos.Org" in the upper left hand corner of this forum the logo? Ah.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:55 am

Phade wrote: * Using 3D modeling software to create logos is greatly discouraged. Resulting logos are generally difficult to use for many practicle purposes.
I had to re-read this around 3 times to realize that you weren't saying it was difficult to use for particle purposes, which I did not understand :P

I think I will try my hand at a few logo concepts this year. I have some fun things in mind :)
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Utorak
Org Profile

Post by Utorak » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:08 am

Whats the size limitations?
You know that life is immaterial...This is not reality...

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:22 am

Hey Utorak,

There are no size limits, but the logo should look just as good and readable when placed on a banner as it would be placed on a five-foot poster. When the image is uploaded, the system will automatically create thumbnail and display sized images from the example image you submit.

Everyone: Vector art is best! It scales very well and keeps the highest quality among all output sizes (banner to poster size).

I hope this helps.

Phade.

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:45 pm

So what do we do with these things once we have them ready?
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:20 pm

Hey hackerzc,

Hold tight. I'm still getting the upload and display code going. (still fine-tuning the improved super search...)

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”